Photos Microtech Picture Thread: Got Microtech? Let's See 'em

Stitch just arrived yesterday, action is pretty stiff out the box compared to the MSI, there's a lot more friction between the lock and the tang when opening/closing. Hoping it works itself in, gonna mess with it for another week before I take it apart and lubricate.

My Stitch was pretty stiff out of the box too. I had to loosen the pivot. Still no blade play, and much smoother action. Apparently they just crank them down like mad at the factory.

My Stitch was pretty stiff out of the box too. I had to loosen the pivot. Still no blade play, and much smoother action. Apparently they just crank them down like mad at the factory.
I've had to loosen the pivot on every single ball bearing if not every folder I've bought so far. Yeah this one was tighter than most but the actual problem comes from the lock rubbing against the tang of the blade, once the lock is all the way back it swings free as a bird. It feels more like a backlock than a cross-bar lock if that makes more sense.

I've had to loosen the pivot on every single ball bearing if not every folder I've bought so far. Yeah this one was tighter than most but the actual problem comes from the lock rubbing against the tang of the blade, once the lock is all the way back it swings free as a bird. It feels more like a backlock than a cross-bar lock if that makes more sense.
Yeah, mine is the same. However, I’ve been playing with it a lot, and it is getting smoother.

AnSKLWb.jpg

U3JlaIB.jpg

lCFgviO.jpg

1mNxa8e.jpg

Back