• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good Microtech Warranty Service

Sirquest2k

Gold Member
Hello All,

I typically am not too outspoken on things, but I do have to give credit when its due. I have read and seen people's experiences with Microtech and their warranty, and I was hesitant when it came time to send in my knife.

So I sent my knife to them on beginning of Feb, UPS ground shipping. They got it in their system Feb 6 and sent me an email. So my thinking is ok, so the wait begins, but I am patient and waiting for a knife is not nearly as bad as waiting on those sweet $200 ATF tax stamps for gun goodies.

To my surprise, I get a shipping notification from their Warranty Dept on Feb 20th saying my knife shipped!

Now let me say this, the process before has been, MT products have had to be registered, but after a phone conversation with their warranty they indicated to me that the old warranty ways have not carried on, and they are going to a new system. Another note is that my knife was sharpened by me, and that did not void any warranty. Also, in the past they have required that a money order be sent out for return shipping, but that was also not the case. Also, since I sent in a Microtech delta, I really didn't have to jump through hurdles like if it was an auto knife.

To get to the point, my knife was shipped back UPS ground, I received it back in perfect condition, sharpened, and with the lockbar insert replaced. They also included a Microtech Velcro patch and an outline of the repairs.

I did read somwhere in Anthony's or Microtechs instagram page that they understood the need to change their Warranty program and provide excellent customer service. I cant exactly remember the date or Post, and it wasn’t an obvious statement and it just showed an OTF knife.

I do hope that this is the beginning of a turnaround for them, as I do enjoy their knives and it restores confidence when someone backs their product!

Just my $.02

Last edited:
Damn!! My experience with them was quite different, to say the least!
Glad to hear things are changing.
Thanks for posting.
Joe

Hello All,

I typically am not too outspoken on things, but I do have to give credit when its due. I have read and seen people's experiences with Microtech and their warranty, and I was hesitant when it came time to send in my knife.

So I sent my knife to them on beginning of Feb, UPS ground shipping. They got it in their system Feb 6 and sent me an email. So my thinking is ok, so the wait begins, but I am patient and waiting for a knife is not nearly as bad as waiting on those sweet $200 ATF tax stamps for gun goodies.

To my surprise, I get a shipping notification from their Warranty Dept on Feb 20th saying my knife shipped!

Now let me say this, the process before has been, MT products have had to be registered, but after a phone conversation with their warranty they indicated to me that the old warranty ways have not carried on, and they are going to a new system. Another note is that my knife was sharpened by me, and that did not void any warranty. Also, in the past they have required that a money order be sent out for return shipping, but that was also not the case. Also, since I sent in a Microtech delta, I really didn't have to jump through hurdles like if it was an auto knife.

To get to the point, my knife was shipped back UPS ground, I received it back in perfect condition, sharpened, and with the lockbar insert replaced. They also included a Microtech Velcro patch and an outline of the repairs.

I did read somwhere in Anthony's or Microtechs instagram page that they understood the need to change their Warranty program and provide excellent customer service. I cant exactly remember the date or Post, and it wasn’t an obvious statement and it just showed an OTF knife.

I do hope that this is the beginning of a turnaround for them, as I do enjoy their knives and it restores confidence when someone backs their product!

Just my $.02
I recently Had the same experience as you . Very positive. A handle came off my tachyon 3. I sent the knife and parts in for warranty service. I also sent a check for return shipping. I got the knife back all fixed in a new box with a microtech patch within a couple of weeks. They also returned my check. Excellent service.

Very cool. I hope both of the positive experiences reported here are the new normal, rather than the exception.

Very cool. I hope both of the positive experiences reported here are the new normal, rather than the exception.
I am hoping so too, but I never hope to engage warranty service for any knife, as this means that there is a defect in material or workmanship.

Wow you need to buy a lottery ticket!

Hopefully MT really has decided to change things, I have explicitly avoided buying a LUDT for the exact reason that I knew if I need warranty support they would basically tell me to go screw myself. Hopefully this is a long term change for the better.

Wow you need to buy a lottery ticket!

Hopefully MT really has decided to change things, I have explicitly avoided buying a LUDT for the exact reason that I knew if I need warranty support they would basically tell me to go screw myself. Hopefully this is a long term change for the better.

Oh believe me, I was fully aware of MT customer service/ warranty (or lack there of) and waited a whole year to send in my knife.

Back