Mike Franklin design

What can you guys tell me about Mike Franklin design knives? I came across some and the designs are interesting and they come in several unique color combos. However, they are selling for $50 so I was curious as to the quality of the knives. Thanks again for any help.

Mike Franklin makes some wild knives. The ones you are looking at (which I've never seen except in pictures) are marketed by someone else, I find it hard to determine just who. Or to find much info on materials. But the little hawksbill neck knives look good for light utility work.

Originally posted by one2gofst
What can you guys tell me about Mike Franklin design knives? I came across some and the designs are interesting and they come in several unique color combos. However, they are selling for $50 so I was curious as to the quality of the knives. Thanks again for any help.

The Mike Franklin designed knives you refer to are by Joy Enterprises who market the Fury brand knives. The only positive thing I can say about them is that they're nice to look at. That's it. Other than that the term POS comes to mind. I checked out a few of them at a retailer. The opening action is smooth as is typical of Taiwan made knives these days, but the lockup is flimsy. Trust me my friend, do not buy a knife that comes with no warranty literature or company address on the box.

gyby_1665_21626354

Again, I'll admit they look nice, but could hardly be put to any utilitarian or defensive use. Besides, the way the edge is ground, the only useful part of the knife would be the edge along the tip.

If you want a real user that has Franklin styling, you'll have to hunt for one of his hand-made pieces. We've had some prior discussions of this knife if you want to run a search for them.

Back