Mike Vagnino

I just wanted to put up a post on Mike Vagnino. I just got back from taking a class with Mike to improve on my knifemaking.

Mike and his wife Marcie were absolutely great. They took me into their home and were as hospitable as anyone could be. They even put up with my never-ending need to eat!

Mike's work is absolutely pristine, and I learned a ton of new things to start implementing in my own shop. Some of the things I learned were taught to Mike by Tim Hancock, and even a couple passed on from Warenski...

I highly suggest to makers and collectors alike, if you have some extra cash and time, that you set something up with Mike. If you're a maker, you'll learn a ton of info to take home to your shop, and if you're a collector, you'll definitely add some appreciation to what went into the making of your collection.

This is not some weird advertisement, so please don't move it! :)

Thanks,
Nick

I agree Nick. I was lucky to be able to spend some time with Mike and his wife last year at blade and it was nothing short of a pleasure to meet both of them. The other part is that his work is awesome.

Backing that up, I was impressed so much that I ordered his M.S. test dagger whenever he decides to go for his stamp. He passed his Journeyman's test last year. The combination of the person I met along with the quality of work that I saw made the decision easy :D.
It is a simple forumla but it works every time for me.

Back