mike's son

Prayers going out for the Latham family. God Speed Mike you and yours are in my thoughts.

Very sorry to hear this. Prayers and good wishes for Mike's son.

First, my thoughts are with you Mike, your son and your family in this hard time. Cancer is not a death sentence. With the help of good medical care, diet, and a strong and positive attitude he will overcome. I have been managing incurable cancer for five years now. And I’m old. Your son is young and strong and he will be all right.

Best wishes to Mike and his whole family through this trying time. I hope everything turns out well.

You have no idea how much we appreciate the thoughts and prayers. This is not something a parent can ever imagine for their child that is just getting to the age of starting their own life outside the home. Brenden was enrolled in college in the fall and had several academic scholarships lined up. But all that goes on hold now as we walk down this road. He was diagnosed with "ALL" (Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia), which is the most common in children - and the most treatable. But it will be 2 1/2 years of treatment at best. Keep your eyes on your kids - there was no symptom whatsoever until a few days before diagnosis. And an unrelated blood lab just two months prior showed it did not exist at that time.

We don't doubt the Lord's plan, although I am not going to say I haven't questioned it in my mind. But, we just hope the entire walk is for His glory.

Again, many thanks for your continued prayers and thoughts.

ABPL-Sr-Pic-e1558099952677.jpg

Prayers for Brenden and your family, Mike.

Brenden is on my prayer list Mike. You are too as you and your entire family will need strength during the coming times. Keep the faith!!!!

Prayers sent for Brenden Mike, glad to hear it is one of the most treatable types. I'm a 10 plus year cancer survivor and it can be beat, treatments get better all the time.

Pretty new here and I don't think we've ever corresponded. But I have three short persons of my own, and you can add our prayers to the list.

You have no idea how much we appreciate the thoughts and prayers. This is not something a parent can ever imagine for their child that is just getting to the age of starting their own life outside the home. Brenden was enrolled in college in the fall and had several academic scholarships lined up. But all that goes on hold now as we walk down this road. He was diagnosed with "ALL" (Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia), which is the most common in children - and the most treatable. But it will be 2 1/2 years of treatment at best. Keep your eyes on your kids - there was no symptom whatsoever until a few days before diagnosis. And an unrelated blood lab just two months prior showed it did not exist at that time.

We don't doubt the Lord's plan, although I am not going to say I haven't questioned it in my mind. But, we just hope the entire walk is for His glory.

Again, many thanks for your continued prayers and thoughts.

ABPL-Sr-Pic-e1558099952677.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to update us, Mike. My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family and I am hoping for the best possible outcome.

Back