Mikov Fish Knife.

I've known about Mikov autos for some time, but am interested in this little slipjoint they make. It's a very inexpensive knife, but made in the Czech Republic, and not too uncommon in Europe from what I understand. All in all it reminds me a bit of the Lady Leg pattern, but is something I might actually carry though. Kind of a novelty, but I'd like to own one, and especially hear about first hand accounts with them, and pictures if you've got them. Like always any feedback is appreciated.

You see them in most every knife shop in Prague. They're pretty much thought of as a kid's knife, or maybe something you'd find in an old lady's purse. In general, Mikov knives are pretty lackluster.

-- Mark

IMAG0378

IMAG0379

Mikov rybička, i picked up in Prague,pretty simple (zinc handle) construction,for app. 3 Euros it would be exaggerated to expect more,but nice souvenir.
it cuts :)

130-nzn-11.jpg

of course, if someone want's to go exclusive,there is exclusive Mikov rybička, with damascus blade and gold handle.

Nice post rinos! I can definitely see the appeal of these fish knives. Even if it is just as a curio...

^^^^ That's a cool one. Very different, and obscure. I like how it takes two lines to state Czechoslovakia, on the tang stamp. I'm fond of old pen knives.

At the popular demand of waynorth waynorth :D details of the gentleman's knife @Âchillepattada sent me recently.
9cm long, all metal, from a land that no more exists, the factory still in Mikulášovice a town founded by Sudeten as Nixdorf in the well named Ore mountains, renowned since middle age for fine cutlery.

Mikov_01.jpg
Mikov_01-dos.jpg
Mikov_01-GP2.jpg

^^^^ That's a cool one. Very different, and obscure. I like how it takes two lines to state Czechoslovakia, on the tang stamp. I'm fond of old pen knives.
Coincidence or omen? The country was divided in 1993.
Mikov_01-GP.jpg

I like theses little fishes. The oldest was given to me by Âchillepattada together with two clasp knives. :)
More recent a souvenir from Sète (a Mediterranean fishing port).
Amazing to see that the younger is slimmer and longer with bigger eyes(who said like in real life? :(;))
Mikov_poissons.jpg
Mikov_clasps.jpg

Thanks, Alain!:thumbsup: Jolipapa Jolipapa , You indeed have an actualized footnote in history! Thanks for a blast from the past!!:cool:

Nice school of fish, Jack Black Jack Black !:)
Thank you! I am interested by History, in this case also because Ma's Father was born in Slovakia, then still the Dual Monarchy (he was granted French nationality two years after Czechoslovakia was created).
For those liking to read adventure novels, History has the largest scope of variety!

Back