Military Jr. - Steel Choice?

While reading a previous post by Mr. Glesser regarding the Military down scaling , I noticed the choice of steel was BG42 . This comes as somewhat of a surprise after reading all the good comments about 440V. Does anybody know why there will be a shift away from 440V for this new knife?

Sisco - Welcome to the Spyerco forum.

Not a shift, just a test. Both the model and the steel will be tested in a short run.

We will also probably test a new lock in the model as well.

sal

Sal,

Gotta love how you folks are willing to try new stuff. Another one to look forward to.
smile.gif

sing

AKTI #A000356

[This message has been edited by sing (edited 04-08-2000).]

Does this mean thatwe can look forward to seeing the Military Jr. soon? If so where is the best place to attempt to by one if you are not in the insider loop? Any thought on green/khaki G-10 or Mircata scales? I want one
wink.gif
!

Ishay - It is not likely that they will be available to the general public for sale until next year. Assuming the tests go well.

As to not "being on the insider loop", unless you work for Spyderco, you are not likely to get any more "inside" than the Spyderco forum.

sal

BG42 is significantly easier to sharpen as opposed to the CPM steels. In my experience there is not that much difference in edge holding in real life situtations.

Thanks Sal, I guess I'll have to fill some of the many holes in my Spydie collection while I wait for a Military Jr.
smile.gif

Military Jr. with BG-42 might just make a man forget the dear departed Wegner Jr. Might.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

Back