Military Prototypes...

Fletcher Knives

STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO
So, I was contacted by a guy in the 3rd Infantry about making them a new knife. He said the soldiers were left wanting by the stuff that was currently available and that there wasn't anything that was "just right". I asked him a bunch of questions about what they want and we came up with a design. One thing he was adamant about was he was tired of hearing, "you knife isn't a pry bar." He said, "F#CK THAT! I want it to be a pry bar! Make it happen!" CHALLENGE ACCEPTED SIR! This is "The Tank". It will be made in 3/16" thick carbon steel, parkerized for resistance, with G10 scales that are beadblasted for heavy texture and everything is set up to work perfectly with the gear they wear. This is the prototype for me to beat the crap out of and make sure i don't need to change anything. So far, I think it's pretty sick. As always, it WILL be covered under the famous Fletcher Knives warranty, "You break it, we replace it!" This knife is meant for abuse. It's NOT meant to be a simple cutting tool. Check it out!

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank3.jpg

tank4.jpg

Also, I did one other prototype at the same time. This was just one that I wanted to do just for fun. Honestly, I didn't fall in love with it yet, but it did turn out pretty awesome and I did enjoy the technical skill it took to shape the handle. It looks like a simple knife, but it is hella complicated to make. I named it the Dim Mak. You can see where I was already stabbing it into stuff. FUN!!!

dimmak1.jpg

dimmak2.jpg

dimmak3.jpg

Dylan, both came out amazing; while the tank is cool, The dim mark is just plain badassery. I'd be curious to see a hybrid containing design elements from these two prototypes as you could probably achieve a happy medium while still making a kick butt field/tac knife.

Either way, great job

Both are badass Dylan I'd sale some stuff to buy both!!! Keep up the great work my good friend! [emoji106]🏻[emoji109]🏻

Hey Dylan,

Of the two, I am really digging the Tank. That is a solid beast of a blade that our troops could feel very confidant carrying through hell and back. My favorite features are the pry bar / skull crusher handle extension and the pin arrangement in the handle. I see the three solid pins as representing our dedicated warriors on land, sea, and air, while the hollow lanyard tube represents the current vacuum of Presidential leadership and strategy.

Awesome work Dylan! Thanks for supporting our troops! :thumb up:

Phil

The Tank is just sick as hell looking! Might need some of those!!!

Tank looks awesome, very useful and, of course, strong! Curious how long the blade is, and how heavy it is. I think a short blade built as tough as that would be awesome for me personally.

Connor

Back