Military replacement hardware?

I managed to strip one of the miscroscopic Torx screws holding my Military together. First of all, what is the actual size of bit needed for these? I didn't think there was metric and standard Torx sizes, but there must be. Secondly, where do I get just one tiny screw. And, finally, is it just me or is there always one screw on a folder that doesn't cooperate and you strip it while the rest come out just fine?

One other thing: why do I have to play with the screw tension on my Military so much to get the lock to work just right? What is happening to the knife and lock when I tighten/loosen screws on the frame? I have to dial them in JUST right to get the lock to work right.

There is only the one size of torx,not metric or standard.
If yours has a torx pivot then it has an eccentric pivot.by loosening or tightening you are playing with the lockup.
The torx size for the pivot is a T15 and the torx for the scales is a T6.
On word though,if you tighten or loosen the scale screws you must use a second torx on the other side to keep it from spining.It took me a while to figure out what was happening when I removed my back spacer.
Call SFO and they should be able to get you some replacement screws.
Oh BTW there is red locktight on those srews so by heating them it will make the removal much easier.Also it helps to tighten them slightly before trying to loosen them.This seems to break the lock tight easier.

Back