Military use question.

( not even sure if this info is able to be shared with us
tongue.gif
)
When conversation comes up regarding military use/sales of Busse knives, is a majority of the work for spec-ops groups or are they primarily available for any troops who choose to use Busse knives (assuming that they have a choice in the kind of knife they wish to carry...being of mil-spec manufacture of course)

I'm sure Jerry has more to add here (or refrain from adding), but I will share what I am able to...

While many of Busse Combat's customers are individual service men and women ordering outside of standard government procurement protocol, other orders INDEED come from specific sub-groups within specific branches of service.

In the near future, a US governmentally instigated provision of Busse Combat knives to large groups of American service people world-wide may be a reality. Please understand that I will not answer further posts or e-mails about this subject.

Busse Combat has also sold knives to military groups of NATO association and other allied countries. Be it known that Busse Combat does NOT sell knives to just ANY country's military service people.

...US and US friendly's only.

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Busse Combat Variant Temp. HQ http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/sharper.htm

Great just what we need, more teasing without pleasing.

In the 18 years I've been in the military 95% of the time you purchase anything you want for a knife unless your happy with the issue bayonett, "survival knife" and/or folding knife. Only rarely have I ever seen a unit issue a real knife and then only if the money guy would listen to a "knife nut" or was involved with the knife world.

I've had the pleasure of the pain with working and/or training with "high speed" units and they carry everything from the $3.99 folder to the $500 custom jobbie depending on the indivual.

Seems like one of the most respected knifes is Randall. I purchased my first Randall on the recomendation of a "snake eater" that truly scared the living "stuff" out of me
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I've gone and retired the Randall #14 as my large deployment/utility knife and have a Busse Basic #9 as a replacement. Only problem with the #9 is the sheath However, with Busse comming out with 2nd gen kydex do I go with a Busse or Livesay kydex??????????

[This message has been edited by Shrike9 (edited 02-15-2000).]

Back