Millit Overland: How do you like it?

jstn

Gold Member
I love the looks of this knife, and I've seen quite a few on the exchange (I'm tempted to snatch one up). But first, I'd like to hear if people are selling them because they don't like them or just prefer something else. Those who have one how do you like them? Pros and cons? I like smaller knives that are lightwieght and love S35VN. I also love PB washers and am not a big flipper guy, so I feel like this could be a perfect EDC for me unless I'm missing something.

It might be for any number of reasons, honestly. I know I personally won't own anything by Millit, because they enabled and defended Survive?! Knives, but others may have sold theirs because it's too small, or an odd blade to handle situation, or something else entirely.

I ordered one of these, and will receive it sometime next week. If I can remember, I'll post here again with a review.

Hi -- I'm not sure where you are with the Overland, or if you ever bought one... but for a smaller, lightweight, S35VN knife that's not a flipper... that's exactly what this is. I think it seems like a GREAT knife.

I bought one of these, probably the last one they made, and received it last week. I have it listed for sale here (https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/millit-overland-bnib.1781581/), but only selling because it's basically the same size as my Shirogorov Neon, and I don't really need two knives the same size.

I really like the Overland, and will try to give a few pros/cons here. I've never cut with it, and have only held it a couple of times.

Pros:
* Made in USA!
* Quality construction. You know when you hold something small, but it feels solid and very strong? That's this.
* Handle shape -- I think I read somewhere that TJ Schwarz wanted this to be the ultimate camp kitchen knife. It's definitely that, and a lot more. The handle gets your fingers up and out of the way. The G10 is grippy and solid. Feels great. It's a pretty thin knife, but it's easy to hold and seems very easy to use.
* Clip works well and is big enough to hold it, but not so bit that it gets in the way
* Overall size -- disappears in the pocket. Thin, small, light.

Cons
For me, purely nonsense stuff:
* I'd prefer an all-black knife. The black on one side and titanium on the other just isn't my preferred look.
* Stonewashed blade isn't my preference
* Blade shape -- for EDC, I just like a drop point. Again, preference.
* Sorta wish it said "USA" somewhere on the knife
* I thought it was going to be bigger than it is. And frankly, if they made like a 4-inch version of it, I think that would be super cool.

I should also mention that the tight tolerances mean that it's going to take a little breaking in to get it moving. It was pretty stiff out of the box. With a little use, I'm sure it'd get a lot easier. But I'm trying to sell it, so I'm trying to not use it. Because then I'll start cutting with it. And then... well, I'd end up keeping it. If nobody buys it, then I'd be happy to keep it and use it. It's a perfect size for so many things!

I love the looks of this knife, and I've seen quite a few on the exchange (I'm tempted to snatch one up). But first, I'd like to hear if people are selling them because they don't like them or just prefer something else. Those who have one how do you like them? Pros and cons? I like smaller knives that are lightwieght and love S35VN. I also love PB washers and am not a big flipper guy, so I feel like this could be a perfect EDC for me unless I'm missing something.

I'm sure people are selling because they prefer the $50 CRKT version lol

Well, that's definitely an option. Same design, but different materials and not made in USA.

Update -- I've been using my Millit Overland exclusively for about a week. I like it so much, I'm hoping someone posts another FS here so I can snap up a spare.

Not entirely sure what it is that works so well... But it's thin, light, good ergonomics, and super sharp. Just kinda does it for me!

It might be for any number of reasons, honestly. I know I personally won't own anything by Millit, because they enabled and defended Survive?! Knives, but others may have sold theirs because it's too small, or an odd blade to handle situation, or something else entirely.

This is hilarious - Millit Cancelled :rolleyes: because they know or worked with Survive knives. :eek:

This is hilarious - Millit Cancelled :rolleyes: because they know or worked with Survive knives. :eek:

Heh, speaking of which, did you see how Survive?! not only kicked Millit outta the shop that they once shared (this after they'd invited Guy and his garbage company to cohabit that workspace LOL), but they outright blamed Millit for their inability to produce knives in a timely fashion? I laughed so hard, because when you knowingly work with scumbags, whelp, you get what you deserve. It's great.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Again, I dig the Overland, and would buy another Millit knife without any reservations.

I'm new to all this, and know history and tensions can run deep. I get that. I'm also late to the show with this. Sometimes that means missing out. And sometimes that means missing the crap at the beginning and going straight to the good parts.

Meh!

Knives.

Back