mini 710?

Through trade, I've recently come into possession of what appears to be a mini bm 710 in ats-34. It is quite worn and chipped, my coworker had been using it to pry open radiator caps apparently. After a quick search online I was unable to find a lot of info about this particular model. The model number doesn't appear under the butterfly like on most new benchmades, but it appears to be exactly like a 710, only smaller.

Does anyone know when this particular model was offered? Ive been collecting benchmades about 7 years now and can't remember seeing one like it. The blade is around 3" long.

I believe it was called the 705 and is discontinued, but I could not say when. If you look on the BM site and search "705" it has some information.

Wow, three posts all at the same time. I see I am too slow :(

Yep that's it. I searched bm before but it was futile without the right model number. Thanx for the info.

The 705 was a terrific knife. Made in far fewer numbers then it's larger sibling, these are now hard to find but worth seeking out. Far as I'm concerned there Is no Sequel! :cool:

Does anyone know when this particular model was offered? Ive been collecting benchmades about 7 years now and can't remember seeing one like it. The blade is around 3" long.
the 705 was replaced by the 707 Sequel with a different blade. It was discontinued quite a while ago.

The 705 was a terrific knife. Made in far fewer numbers then it's larger sibling, these are now hard to find but worth seeking out. Far as I'm concerned there Is no Sequel! :cool:
Agreed! I prefer the 705. I still wish I grabbed one when they were available. The 707 just doesn't quite do it for me.

the 705 was replaced by the 707 Sequel with a different blade. It was discontinued quite a while ago.

Agreed! I prefer the 705. I still wish I grabbed one when they were available. The 707 just doesn't quite do it for me.

Was going to going to joke that the 707 did NOT replace the 705, but I see you're already a believer. ;) I have a pair, one in ATS-34 and one in 154CM. I really like them, no plans to sell 'em.

Back