1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Mini Bodega

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by bearcut, Feb 18, 2016.

1. bearcut

bearcut

Sep 3, 2006
    Well, I ordered one. Got the black version.

This will be my first Reate knife.

This brand has intrigued me for a long time now. I just wanted something in a smaller size that what has been offered.

The wait begins.

Of course, I ordered a few other knives in the meantime. I like personal unboxings so maybe I will wait and open everything at once.....

2. tshoot

tshoot

Nov 22, 2002
    Where did you order it from?

3. bearcut

bearcut

Sep 3, 2006
    K****center

4. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
  5. tshoot

tshoot

Nov 22, 2002
    Looks great on paper. Any first hand experience/overviews from a forum member?

6. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
  7. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    Mine is on the way. Only experience with reate is my horizon cf, after reprofiling it it has not had a day off. Well made and good looking . Russ

8. bearcut

bearcut

Sep 3, 2006
    Just got mine.

I'd give it 9.5 out of 10.

Very, very pleased.

Get one.

9. bearcut

bearcut

Sep 3, 2006
    I have a question.

Should the IKBS Ceramic bearings ever be lubricated? I assume they are somewhat porous.

I don't have any issues with smoothness out of the box, I just wondered if a very light lube would be beneficial or not.

10. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    They're loose IKBS bearings so they sit in grease anyway.

11. bearcut

bearcut

Sep 3, 2006
    OK. Thanks.