Mini Military???

I've been out of the Spydie loop for a while. Can somebody update me on the Mini Military? Will there be one and if so, when will it be out? What are the cost &specs. If anybody has any info please reply.

I was wondering about this too, I know I will buy one at least. The main feature I am looking for on this knife is the compression lock. As I never cared for the one side only finger cutout of the Military.

[This message has been edited by Weapon_X_711 (edited 06-15-2001).]

Yes, does anybody know the status? (of the idea , that is
smile.gif
)
Greetings
red

We have a design (along with the new regular Mil). 3.25" blade. Compression lock.

We plan to make some protos later this year.

Can't say too much more until we actually test protos. Demand seems to be high, but we're still behind on Military delivery now.

Patience please. We can't do everything we want to either. We're just a small company.

sal

Thanks for the scoop Sal. Count me in for one when they hit the street.

Sal,
As a Paratrooper that uses the Military on duty I would like to add a few ideas on the future of the Military if I might.
biggrin.gif

1. Make the lanyard hole a little bigger. Although I can still get Type 3 nylon cord (550 cord for the legs)in there it is a bit small.

2. Those washers, are they needed??? I feel like I'm gonna loose them or accidently tear them when I take it apart.

3. Tip-up carry option.
biggrin.gif

4. I have easy access to a tool box, however the average ground pounder will not. Utilize regular everyday phillips screws since most everyone will have some type of pocket tool.

5. I believe the newer models have black pocket clips. A plus for me....I always have someone letting me know about that shiny clip protuding from my pocket.

Other than that.....It's great!!!!!! A mini would be even better!

------------------
Jesse
"Usual Suspect" and HK Freak.

A Bg-42 Mini Military would be amazing!I asked over a year about this!

Sal, just a guestimate, how much would the pre prod models cost?

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

Hi NIB. Thanx for the input. good stuff.

The stepped lanyard pipe is a major part of the construction of the Military and contributes to the stiffness. A larger one would fit (we'll be re-tooling for the new model anyway). The pipe is curretnly 4mm in diameter. What diameter would work for you?

The washers is where the action comes from, it also prevents the G10 from scratching the steel (G10 contains glass, glass is harder than steel).

You are not the first to request common phillips screws, on the other hand, we are not thrilled with people taking them apart.

A tip up carry option would require a 2nd clip to be included (which we are also considering for the Chinook). It would also permit left/right options. It does cost more.

Hi General. You're on page 6, I'm still on page 2.

sal

Sorry Sal! You know how I love those Spydies!
wink.gif

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

Hey Sal, the clip options idea for the Military/Chinook is fantastic;damn the costs!
smile.gif
That would allow those of us who want to carry both to have one in our offside pocket.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NIB:
Sal,
As a Paratrooper that uses the Military on duty I would like to add a few ideas on the future of the Military if I might.
biggrin.gif

1. Make the lanyard hole a little bigger. Although I can still get Type 3 nylon cord (550 cord for the legs)in there it is a bit small.

2. Those washers, are they needed??? I feel like I'm gonna loose them or accidently tear them when I take it apart.

3. Tip-up carry option.
biggrin.gif

4. I have easy access to a tool box, however the average ground pounder will not. Utilize regular everyday phillips screws since most everyone will have some type of pocket tool.

5. I believe the newer models have black pocket clips. A plus for me....I always have someone letting me know about that shiny clip protuding from my pocket.

Other than that.....It's great!!!!!! A mini would be even better!

</font>
NIB,
those sound like great ideas. Is it hard to take apart and put together the Mil for cleaning?

------------------
Wicked Knife Co.
Hoods Woods
chad234@email.com

Sal- (I shall call it... MINI-MI!!)
Please Please Please consider the tip up carry for the Mini-Military!! I drilled and fitted my Mil. for just that and would gladly pay for the option, on both the large and small Mil.'s.

For me, the Military provides the most perfect blade shape/edge/handle configuration and ergonomics I have out of the three dozen or so folding knives in my drawer.

And I will buy two of them, one fully serrated, the other plain.

Please Sir, may I have more?

------------------
All you need is love... a sharp blade and a full clip

Update on progress and possible release date please.

I will buy three when they are available.

Regards,
FK

Sal,

Thanks for the input, if the pipe is 4mm I would say going to a 5mm or even a 6mm would do. I'm not too sure what the dia of 550 cord is.

Chad234,

It's not that hard to take it apart with the correct tools but like Sal says they are not too thrilled about us taking them apart. I had to cause I managed to clog my military with very fine sand after an airborne operation. I must say after seeing it piece by piece you can see that this is one well designed piece of equipment.

Back