Mini Seax is up

rpn

Gold Member
on the Emerson website! Didn't know that was coming...

If I didn't have a Spyderco Shaman Sprint on order I would order one now- but imagine they will be a regular production piece and available long term

Wow! What a handsome looking knife... would be perfect for my moderate paws. :-D

I was about to pull the trigger last night...couldn't resist anymore...but the damn shipping squashed it for me. Over $20 for the knife and a t-shirt. If it was USPS priority that would be one thing, but UPS ground and it would take like 10 days killed it for me!

Uggh...going to wait for it to hit dealers...

I live in Alaska. USPS Priority Mail usually takes about 4 days. I have had UPS take 2 to 3 weeks. Emerson will send Priority. I click Standard Shipping, and put a note in the box: "Please send USPS Priority Mail." And they do. Usually comes in 4 days.

--Larry

Well, I passed it too not for shipping but because I could not use my 15% coupon code that came with the membership... you see "coupons' don't work on newly released knives... only re-runs..." Bummer and I never knew this... will pick it up from dealers' who offer free shipping and potentially 10% discount....

I live in Alaska. USPS Priority Mail usually takes about 4 days. I have had UPS take 2 to 3 weeks. Emerson will send Priority. I click Standard Shipping, and put a note in the box: "Please send USPS Priority Mail." And they do. Usually comes in 4 days.

--Larry

Really? That information is gold! I'd probably get it in 2-3 days via USPS vs.UPS ground in 10 day or more.

Thanks for sharing!

rpn: glad you found the info useful!

I ordered the Mini-Seax late last Thursday. It was shipped early Friday via USPS Priority, and I received it yesterday (Monday). BTW it is a nice little knife. I often get a knife with the idea that I will carry it, but then ... well, too nice to use. The one I got was perfect, with centered blade, and went right into the pocket. It is fairly small, extremely sharp, and I think it will be a very usable blade. Very pleased with it.
--Larry

Reactions: rpn

--Larry

Worked like a charm- requested USPS and got it in 3 days.

That said- this mini is small! Never seen an Emerson so small. It will be for summer carry for sure...or maybe my get home bag.

The regular on is LARGE, correct?

Mini sea is awesome little knife. Can't wait for the mini sheepdog to come out. I must say it's been about 5 years since I have posted here, good to be back. LLTB

Mini sea is awesome little knife. Can't wait for the mini sheepdog to come out. I must say it's been about 5 years since I have posted here, good to be back. LLTB

Damn, where is Yours pixs?!
I ordered too (with richlite), but shipping to Russia much longer.

I was hoping some retailers would carry the Richlite version but so far I haven't seen any in the wild. Would be much cheaper that way given the shipping charges but I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to wait.

Update 11/4 -- Finally showing up for sale so I snagged one. Can't wait to have it in hand.

Last edited:
q2GetvMl.jpg

Got my Mini Seax in Black Richlite and it's just about perfect. Great size for EDC, my favorite blade shape, excellent fit and finish, and the scale material is perfect. I don't care for overly grippy G10 so my past few Emersons have all been sent off for custom scale work which then makes me less inclined to carry them due to the monetary investment. The Richlite on this one does away with that issue -- nice and smooth while still having a bit of grip and it looks great. Only thing I'm changing on this one is swapping out the pocket clip for a deep carry Lynch clip as I prefer that the knife ride lower in the pocket.

Back