MINI SHEEPDOG QUESTIONS

Smitty247

Basic Member
Hello all,
I am interested in picking up a Mini Sheepdog. This knife will be for an everyday carry pocket knife. I love the idea of having three methods to open the knife: wave, thumb disk, & flipper.
But I have some questions:
1) Spear Point or Bowie?
I'm leaning Spear Point just because it would be stronger than the more fine tip of the Bowie.

2) Standard Mini Sheepdog ($224.95 for black G-10 & 154CM) or the Action Concepts version ($261.96 for linen micarta & S35VN)?
I'm leaning Action Concepts because of the upgraded steel.

Thanks guys,
Smitty247

I prefer the finer tip of the bowie blade. It's a knife with a 3" blade and I feel that if you are pushing it hard enough to potentially snap the tip you might need a different knife.

S35VN is definitely an upgrade but I've used the 154CM legitimately hard in Emerson knives for years and never felt it to be lacking. I'd say go with whichever scales you like more aesthetically, but if you are really concerned about performance then go with the Action Concepts version

I got one of the action concepts mini sheepdogs, decent piece but I honestly think I'll get it reground or do it myself for a basic V grind for more usability. As with most emersons, it has lock stick on the liner, but yeah, nice blade overall.

Thanks KnifeManatee,
My wife ordered me the action concepts mini sheepdog (spear point) for Christmas.
Well I got it, and it's a great little knife.

Last edited:
Back