• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mini Texas Toothpick

Here is a mini texas toothpick that I have finished. This is the 4th slip-joint that I have made. I like making them, it's something other than a linerlock. I was able to keep the top corner of the tang hidden to keep the look clean. The blade is 3-9/16 inches long, flat ground and made of Jerry Rados ladder pattern damascus. You should see the way it shimmers in the light. Front and rear bolsters are titanium that have been anodized a gold/bronze color. The liners are also titanium and have been anodized a similar color. The scales are brown pen shell and look a lot like tortoise shell. The screws have been heat colored gold and the backbar fileworked. Great walk and talk with a half stop. There is an elephant ivory blade rest on the inside. Overall length is 8 inches. Price is $550
Thanks for looking,
Chuck

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I like that!! Toothpicks are some of my absolutely FAVORITE knives!!

Great looking job as usual Chuck. I like especially like slipjoints without what is called on TKCL "P.E.T." (Protruding Edge Thingy) (or when the corner of the tang sticks way up over the liners/handle.) :D.

Nice design work.

i really like the antique look, it adds a lot of dimension and depth to the peice!

"Walk and talk" mostly refers to how slipjoint or lock back folders operate. The walk part refers to how the "stop end" (i dont know what else to call it) tracks on the tang of the blade and the "talk" refered to the nice clean "Click" when the knife cosed.

BTW, i handled Chucks knives in Las Vegas and they are very nice.

Back