Mini Ti Prybar Helps Neighbor

STR

Knifemaker/Moderator
Got a call earlier from a friend of a friend telling me that she went out to feed the birds and when she slid the sliding door shut she heard the latch fall. As a result she locked herself out of her house and was unable to reach my neighbor across the street that she is good friends with. Not remembering exactly where she lived I had to go her friend and my neighbor who was out in her driveway unaware that Linda was in need and once I told her of the situation we both took off to help her. I needed my neighbor with me to get me there so I could look around and check it out to see if I could get her back in her house somehow. Both storm doors were locked and the screws hidden and screwed in on the inside so no go there.

Walking around the house I noticed a window not locked. Using nothing more than my mini ti pry bar I was able to remove the round nylon insert holding the screen in place on the outside that was on the storm window frame and once that nylon secure strip was out I could pull the screen out. Then I pried the storm window up enough using it to get my hand in and undo the latch holding that firm and this allowed me to remove that. Once that was done it was a simple matter of opening the window and letting her in her house.

To top it off I was able to put the screen back in by using my mini pry bar also. My mini pry allowed me to get her back in her house with minimum damage to anything. You know, I have made these things for quite a while now and honestly I've never had a situation where I had to use the pry bar I carry even though I made uses for them a time or three and even though I sell them and know a lot of folks love them. This was the first time I actually found a genuine use for the one I've carried and it worked better than other tools I had on me including a screw driver. The natural pry part of the end worked perfectly to lift the window up and remove that screen with minimal effort. It worked so well I sold another one to the neighbor guy watching me after he saw how well it worked. I love when that happens. :D

Anyway, I figured I'd post about it. It saved the day for Linda, my neighbor down the road a piece and gave me a need for the mini ti pry bar where it actually turned out to be quite handy. :thumbup:

STR

Thanks for the story, Steve. :thumbup:
I have the FIRST Ti prySTR that you made... I think. ;)

Yes you do my friend and I tell everyone it all started with your request for one. :thumbup:

STR

Yes you do my friend and I tell everyone it all started with your request for one. :thumbup:

STR

First a Ti prySTR and now Jill. Lycosa gets all the cool stuff.

-Tye

Seriously, that's a great story Steve. I'm glad it had a happy ending.

Note to self: Mini Pry Bar useful for breaking and entering.....:D

I have 3 and I have yet to call on them for any serious duty, but, I carry them proudly anyway knowing that if I need them I will have one on me. :thumbup:

Back