• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

{Misunderstanding Resolved}TreyG870 has no integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you're one of his friends. I know that anyone can sell to anyone they want but if you're going to set something up on a first come first served basis you should honor that. He just made my "don't buy from" list.

This forum requires that some facts be shared within the context of the story. You have no context. no story, no facts. This equals a rant, and as such it is not the best place for this topic. Can you elaborate on what happened exactly or are you just hoping we all play detective and guess what happened?

Really.............??????
Act like an adult..
This is a bit petty
You didnt point out ""1"" Fact
You (Im guessing never tried him privately?)
I would suggest contacting him PRIVATELY
to discuss your issues.
This popping of in this area for new folks is getting
A BIT OLD and IMMATURE...........................
You are aware..The folks that read this can and Im certain will
PLACE you on THEIR Ignore and dont buy list SIMPLY for how you have handled this!!!:thumbdn:

I'll provide some facts. I posted up a knife for sale. Mr Petterson posted that he'd take it in the thread and also asked that I send him payment info. Since he does not accept PM's I used the email option to send him two emails, one with my PP info and one asking if he still wanted the knife (I'm not sure if a Mod can pull these sent emails or not). After a couple of hours of not hearing from him I sold the knife to the next person in line.

Fast forward to a couple hours. I receive an email through the forum from Mr Petterson saying that he never received any emails from me. I explained that since I hadnt heard from him I sold the knife on to the next person in line. I apologized for jumping the gun, although I waited a couple of hours.

The response I recieved to that email was "I sent myself an email through the forum and got it so your story is bullshit".

I was formulating my reply when I saw this thread.

I've never been accused of having no integrity, nor have I ever sold anything to anyone I know personally on the forum, so I don't only sell to my friends.

2 sides too every story.
Thank you for piping in.
ALL I can say....As a long time member
Do any of the newer members have any tact and or maturity?

HUEVOS--Time STAMP ALways rules...
It is what it is.............You didnt have it ..
The other guy did
DONE DEAL..

I rarely rarely get my dander up like this ...
I rarely pipe in about this stuff.
BUT placing a member in good standings on the HOT SEAT with
NO Information or anything..
Im simply getting fed up with this..
ACT LIKE a responsible mature adult..Reach out to them like an ADULT
Do your best to hash things out.. WORST case before going public
CONTACT Karda-Rev Devil--ANY MODERATOR and have a chat on how too proceed
YOU Might be very very surprized of what may transpire with a MOD Involved.

Im done.................................

2 sides too every story.
Thank you for piping in.
ALL I can say....As a long time member
Do any of the newer members have any tact and or maturity?

HUEVOS--Time STAMP ALways rules...
It is what it is.............You didnt have it ..
The other guy did
DONE DEAL..

Im done.................................

I agree 100%

Unless you're one of his friends. I know that anyone can sell to anyone they want but if you're going to set something up on a first come first served basis you should honor that. He just made my "don't buy from" list.

I'm breaking my New Year's Resolution just this once, ;) to share some wisdom:

Had you grown a pair of "Huevos" & purchased a membership; there is no doubt in my mind, that you would be the happy owner, of Trey's knife.

FWIW: I sell to whomever I decide to sell to, FOR WHATEVER REASONS...& I don't need to offer any explanations for my personal policies.

Im done.................................[/QUOTE]

^^^
:thumbup: +1000 Keith

Last edited:
Lock it Down Rev..Lock it down..This could get cwazeeeeee:confused:

This forum requires that some facts be shared within the context of the story. You have no context. no story, no facts. This equals a rant, and as such it is not the best place for this topic. Can you elaborate on what happened exactly or are you just hoping we all play detective and guess what happened?

This thread. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ch-Godfather-RELIST-with-final-price-drop-165
I stated that I'd take it if it was still available. He said he tried to contact me through the forum but couldn't so he sold it to someone else, but I tried sending myself an email through the forum and got my own email so I know the email address on the forum is correct, and this is only a few hours after he said it was mine. Not getting this knife is not the end of the world for me but when I meet someone like this I feel the need to point it out. If you think I'm just a trouble maker check me out on any gun or knife forum you want to. I even have good rep on this forum.

Am I missing something or is this all over a lost email?

This thread. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ch-Godfather-RELIST-with-final-price-drop-165
I stated that I'd take it if it was still available. He said he tried to contact me through the forum but couldn't so he sold it to someone else, but I tried sending myself an email through the forum and got my own email so I know the email address on the forum is correct, and this is only a few hours after he said it was mine. Not getting this knife is not the end of the world for me but when I meet someone like this I feel the need to point it out. If you think I'm just a trouble maker check me out on any gun or knife forum you want to. I even have good rep on this forum.

So you immediately assumed that I just made up my statement to you that I tried to email you? I've never been accused of being a liar before, but such is life. My feedback here and abroad is not too shabby either.

Maybe I jumped the gun and didn't wait long enough for you to try to contact me, but I was in a bit of a time crunch. I tried to apologize privately, although I'm not sure an apology was warranted, and you called my story BS. That being the case, I'll not lose any sleep over this.

I can see that this is a fairly tight club here and if it's true that I would have the knife had I bought a membership here then so be it. Maybe I don't understand the rules here but if it's required to buy a membership in order to buy a knife then I guess it's my fault. Other than that I stand by my statement. Like it or not. Ban me if you think that's in order.

I don't doubt you have a hard earned reputation. I have no reason to. For the record, when an email is sent between members only you (sending and receiving parties) can see it. The rules stipulate that a seller can sell to whom they like. That does not mean that a seller can jerk people around (not the case here anyway). It sounds to me like an email was lost in the system somewhere, somehow. It happens from time to time with the software. People are not impressed with ranting, unless there is a very clear and obvious reason for it that can be proven with facts.

For people with no paid membership, there is visitor messaging, available by clicking on the profile of the person you wish to contact. If that fails, you can ask us if we can help, and in many cases we will be happy to send a message on your behalf to someone. It's part of the reason why we are here, to help. It's sad to see when misunderstandings and miscommunications degrade into things like this. I urge any member reading this that finds themselves in the same boat to simply ask us for help. WE'll be happy to do it for you.
Also, memberships allow for private messaging and selling. Anyone can buy. You are not required to buy any kind of membership otherwise, and are under no obligation whatsoever, 100% voluntary. I am closing this before things get unnecessarily ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back