Mk. II and M43 Khukuri

Sta,

Do you like your Qeyoom Bros? Mine is the best in overall weight, balance and feel. The handle is also a bit larger and more comfortable than the 1941 or the Pioneer.

Nice collection you have there!

Sta,

Do you like your Qeyoom Bros? Mine is the best in overall weight, balance and feel. The handle is also a bit larger and more comfortable than the 1941 or the Pioneer.

Nice collection you have there!

Hi Bill, thanks! Hoping to build my military kukri collection but with their rising prices and my financial state, it's an uphill road, lol!

I like all my MK2s. Yes, the Qeyoom Bros does feel good in the hand. The unmarked MK2 has the fattest handle of the lot, feels good too. Unfortunately I cannot give much details as they've been in storage in NY ever since I bought them while I shuttle around in South & SE Asia with short periods in the US these last several years. I'll be back later in the year and will be spending more time with my blades. Will be sure to share details, pics, etc. then.

So is there any modern repro of an M43/MKII that stands out as better and or closer to the original? I just got my first MkII and I love the feel of it, but there's no way I could bring myself to sharpen it for a user, however I would love to find a repro with the same feel.

So is there any modern repro of an M43/MKII that stands out as better or closer to the original? I just got my first MkII and I love the feel of it, but there's no way I could bring myself to sharpen it for a user, however I would love to find a repro with the same feel.
I know this is old, but Heritage knives makes a MK2, they call it a M43 but the bolster has a seam, not solid, so it looks more like an Mk2. It's very usable, I've chopped a good bit of brush, and kindling with it. I also highly recommend Dragonfly Khukuri & Knives... They have a few military replica, including a couple of Mk 2.

I'm glad this thread has been revived. I have several original blades of this type and vintage, including one in perfect condition by Qeyoom Bros which is mentioned by the original poster. Here's a statement by the seller, and a couple of pics:

WW2 BRITISH GURKHA MILITARY FIGHTING KNIFE
KHUKURI 1944 QEYOOM BROS. VET SOUVENIR

ORIGINAL PACIFIC THEATER U.S. VETERANS KNIFE. 18 INCHES LONG .... ROSEWOOD GRIP. NICE MARKING ON BLADE, HANDLE AND THE ORIGINAL SCABBARD.
I RECEIVED THIS FROM THE ORIGINAL WWII VETERAN WHO PERSONALLY BROUGHT THIS KNIFE BACK AFTER THE WAR.

WWII-18-PacificTheater-EbayWWoz-12.JPG WWII-18-PacificTheater-EbayWWoz-03.JPG

This has been a good conversation and really great photos. Thanks for sharing!

I think I have that same sheath and knife, not sure I knew exactly what it was, I'll be looking it over close shortly. Picture if I can make the camera work.

Back