Modern Ginunting

Would this be considered a 'modern ginunting' as it is inspired by Fairbarin's Cobra, which was inspired by the ginunting?

pecc.jpg

ummm.... just this: as I see ginuntings being wielded by blade fighters, it stabs as much as it slashes and cuts. It's not just for scything.

This thread has landed us a few enquiries over the last year for these kinds of ginuntings. Aside from making repeats we've made a few variants as well.

For starters here's a leaner tipped version. A bit faster in hand with a bit more severe tip for thrusting, but still reinforced for durability in overswings.

full

Next up we have a version with a finer tip and a sharpened back edge portion. I think this version looks fantastic.

full

It's worth noting this is what the blade looks like with a rosewood handle. This is our cheapest option but it feels great and looks pretty classy too.

full

full

full

It's on its way to becoming one of our standard catalogue designs- I need to get my hands on time with the different variants before we lock anything in though. Should be able to do this early next year.
Take care,
Andrew

Back