Modern Iklwa / Assegai Spear!

Kailash Blades

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Check out this Modern interpretation of an Iklwa spear we just made at Kailash Blades!

full

The Iklwa is traditionally a zulu weapon and a variant of the assegai. The iklwa has a shorter shaft and a longer, broader blade that is used as a slashing weapon as well as for thrusting. This particular blade is 5160 with an integral forged bolster, full length hidden tang and forged plate pommel. And would you look at that Hamon?

full

Specs:
13" Blade
20" Handle
1.5kg with a balance point 4" behind the bolster

full

What do you guys think? Too pretty to throw? Or would this be a perfect zombie apocalypse tool?

An absolutely amazing piece! I love the Iklwa and I think this is the best modern interpretation I have come across!

Thanks mate! Might as well use the funnest yard tool possible :)

Actually, I used a spearhead about that size on a 5 foot shaft to trim some branches on a tree in front of my house. I got tired of the guy across the street who would always mad dog stare at me whenever I was doing yard work. It worked great, was a lot of fun, and the guy never came out to glare at me again.

An absolutely amazing piece! I love the Iklwa and I think this is the best modern interpretation I have come across!

Thanks a bunch mate! We've had a bit of interest as a result and so the next version might be even better ;)

Actually, I used a spearhead about that size on a 5 foot shaft to trim some branches on a tree in front of my house. I got tired of the guy across the street who would always mad dog stare at me whenever I was doing yard work. It worked great, was a lot of fun, and the guy never came out to glare at me again.
Hedge control and Wanker Repellent? What can't a spear do?

Back