1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cold Steel modified a cold steel ATC machete today (pretty rough)

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by ONEBIGBOWIE, Jul 11, 2017.

1. ONEBIGBOWIE

ONEBIGBOWIE Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 9, 2015
    so i bought an angle grinder today and turned my atc machete into a bowie shape. its pretty bad but its my first time trying something like this and all i had to work with was an angle grinder. the handle is an old car wash mop, weird but pretty comfortable. i will try to have my friend put an edge on the part where i cut and the clip point (he has a bench grinder). the sheath is really ghetto so i didn't show it, its made out of cardboard, sand paper, a cut up boxing glove and double sided tape. if someone really wants to see it i will post a picture.
    P7100828.JPG P7100832.JPG

1234 likes this.
  2. greatscoot

greatscoot Hambone Fakenamington Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    You have my curiosity piqued. I need to see that sheath.

3. NJBillK

NJBillK Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2014
    @ONEBIGBOWIE

Have any other plans for it?
    Bring up the polish on the blade?

4. ONEBIGBOWIE

ONEBIGBOWIE Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 9, 2015
    sorry, i haven't looked back here in a while i have been busy with my wrench knife project (will start a new thread about that). i do plan on polishing with something, i am still on the fence about the mop handle, (i keep getting neon fuzz on my gloves) i might get the tip sharpened (professionally or might try a file) as for the sheath its changed a little i had to sandwich a shortened ATC sheath between 2 pieces of cardboard wrapped together with packing tape. here it is: (the brown is sand paper and the black is the cut up boxing glove)
    P8060828.JPG P8060830.JPG

5. Unkldave

Unkldave Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2016
    IMO you will get satisfaction & fun from filing the point yourself, the machete will be all you.