Modified Arch Angel 3

I just received my modified AA3. It's the knife to judge all future knives. The craftsmanship is superior to most of the "custom" knifemakers around. I highly recommend both JSP and Bladerigger knives. James is a pleasure to work with. He is both professional and easy to speak with.

Specs:
> 3.75" modified tanto blade.
> .125" Talonite stock
> "diamondback" bevel on the spine of the knife.
> OD green/Blk Rigger Coat abstract on sheath and handle.
> Pivot whole in the center of handle.
> Thumb serrations.

I hope to post pictures soon!

Brian,your hurting me dude,how long do I have to wait
before you sell it to me?:D

Vorpal,
Sorry man. I don't ever plan on selling it. You can probably place an order with James. It only took 3 months for him to make it for me. I know he has plans to relocate his shop soon. So, it may take a little longer.

Brian

I hope you don't ever sell it.I will contact James.Really
like the design,the color combo is :cool: seya Larry

I think next time I will choose more neutral colors like Kaki, light brown, or white because they conceal better with my everyday clothes. A desert camo pattern may be nice. I guess it all depends on what the person who carries the knife wears.

I carry the knife in the small of the back tucked into my pants. The handle is exposed slightly and sometimes my shirt or sweater rides up and shows it off. I think with a more neutral color it won't be so obvious when it can be seen.

The rigger coat seems to be a great material for a handle. It grips well, seems to be very strong and abrasion resistant, and can be made in any color or pattern. I like the fact that Bladerigger took the time to match up the pattern on the sheath and the handle. I would like to see how it holds up in the long run with everyday carry and moderate use. I suppose if it needs to be re-handled in the future it will not be a difficult process.

I would recommend to pay the extra money and have the rigger coat antiqued. It cuts down on the shine and looks cool.

I also like the hole in the center of the handle. It makes the blade a little lighter, provides better traction, and allows me to know where my hand is on the blade in forward and reverse grips. My middle finger naturally falls into the whole and provides extra gripping. I also believe it helps provide a place for my finger to pivot when I switch from forward to reverse grips. Though, I can not do it in a fluid motion yet. The pinch cord also hinders the process slightly.

Brian

sorry, but i have to say this.
YOU SUCK

nice score.

makes me want a Jashido in tallonite BAD....

Back