Modified vest with AH-1 "sheath"

Finally I received my first AH-1 so I could start realising a project that I had in mind for the past few weeks: a modified Warmpeace vest with the ESEE patch with a concealed carry sheath for the arrowhead :eek: :D

So lets gets this started:
(click on the thumbnails for HQ pic)

Since I am no pro at the sewing machine I had to get someone attaching the velcro back of the patch to my vest and it turned out to be really good and sturdy work:

a closer look at the velcro back:

When I opened the package from the Shotgunner's and checked out the awesome patch, something came to my mind: will an AH-1 fit in there? Due to the long shipping times from the US to me I did some photoshop work and created a cheapo paper-arrowhead to verify that...

Here is the result with the real one:

Now the already great looking ESEE patch received an upgrade: it became a concealed carry "sheath" for an AH-1 arrowhead!

You can either have a small piece sticking out in case you need to grab it:

or completely conceal it with nearly no sign of it being there:

Due to the heavy velcro it holds perfectly, doesnt move around at all and feels very secure.

Here you got a full size image of the vest with the ESEE patch and the easily accesible arrowhead:

And one with the concealed AH-1:

Now I need more of those great little tools, some patches and a new project ;)

I hope you guys enjoyed this rather pic-heavy thread and would like to hear what you think about it :D

Last edited:
Good thinking. Would the yellow, red, green ESEE logo patch offer more concealment? It seems it would be larger.

Looks clever and all that, but have you considered that you might fall and stab the arrowhead through your chest and it will get stuck in there because of the way its shaped?
:)

Looks clever and all that, but have you considered that you might fall and stab the arrowhead through your chest and it will get stuck in there because of the way its shaped?

I was wondering the same thing. However that is a very neat idea. One that I hadn't even considered. It kinda goes alond the lines of E&E I think.

mlrs

Highly doubt that due to how stiff that patch and sewing is. Physically the area below the patch must bend that hard to move the arrowhead from a parallel position into one that can pierce myself :D
The arrowhead has no space for movement when its fully concealed and besides that it didn't come that sharp ;)

Good thinking. Would the yellow, red, green ESEE logo patch offer more concealment? It seems it would be larger.

Yeah, there might be more space for the concealment but I wanted to have the patch to fit the style of my vest so the different colors were a no-go ;)

In the next few months I will be adding flags of the countries I have already been to, so I might change from the current patch to the colored ESEE logo to fit the new "style"...

Despite that I really like the "Warmpeace Commodor vest" with the rubberized zipper ribbons, thick collar and the warm "Polartec Thermal Pro" material. Good choice for a reasonable amount of money ;)

That's a pretty ingenious idea, good for E/E. If you wanted to you could also wrap up some kevlar cord and a plastic handcuff key to stuff behind it. You would more than likely have to choose between the AH-1 and key, but the kevlar would fit. Good thinkin'!

Back