Modified Wharncliff Sebenza Project

I've always admired the sebenza, it's simplicity, it's mechanics, it's kind of an ultimate folding knife for me, except for one point... I'm a wharncliff addict (wharncliff, modified wharncliff, sheepfoot,..)

If there existed one I would have it for a long time.

So here we are... I began working with a pencil than with my cad software then I even used a 3D software.

Here's the result of my all work, I think the important thing in this project is that I manage to respect the sebenza look/soul, the blade profile is just the standard blade inverted as you can see on the picture, the handle is unchanged. I think it came up pretty well.

Click to enlarge

What do you think ?

Oufti, this is a great idea (and great work) for a great knife :thumbup: :thumbup: !

I want one ! If (when) CRK produces it or gives you authorization to make it please let me know :)

pm65

I'm a very big fan of the sebenza (my favourite folder) and I love wharncliff blades...

So I would definitely buy one of these !!!!

Great idea and great job !

Yep. I'd probably buy one - in a small sebenza. I honestly don't believe it would be too popular (IMHO). But it would be great in lieu of the tanto blade on the NICA knives. Nice job!

soooooo nice idea!! :thumbup:

Mister Reeve, if you read this... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, product this variation of your so good sebie!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease !!! :D

waouuuuuu !!! I really love it, if Chris decide to make it, I'm in !

Oufti, congrats for your work, Mr Reeve you've a new designer... :)

Outfi, thats some great work...those last two pics sold me on it and I would buy one if they would make it in that profile. Like you I like a modified warncliff and a sheepsfoot(LOVE). That profile is just right, you did alot of work planning this it looks and I hope the guys at CRK will come out with something like it.

Just a precision because I received some PM/Mails asking if I sale these blades.

NO I dont do these blade nor I want someone else than CRK to do them, this is a proposition/wish to CRK, for me it wouldnt be the same at all if the blade was a "customization" of a standard Sebenza, this knife has such a reputation that it would be pointless if it wasn't a full CRK realisation.

Sorry for my piggin english... I hope I made myself clear enough.

That looks really nice. Love wharncliffes and sheepsfoot blades. Combined with a seb is a win/win combo. Well done.

I'm new to the CRK forum and new to the CRK knives too. My first Sebenza came this week.

I really like your blade design. I'd be interested in getting one.
:)

CRK has some new designs coming out. Odds of them making this would be astronomical. I want one too!!If I remember correctly, Mr. Reese Weiland did one something similar also in a wharncliff, and also really looked good!!
+

Back