Moding a beloved tool

https://imgur.com/a/9RJn6ba
I'm not even sure if this will work as it's been so long since I posted a pic. Anyway. I was thinking about grabbing that Condor mini shovel. But I already had 4 C.S. here, so I just sawed one up. It will still accept two handed use and is really small now for a belt hang, while I'm out with a metal detector. And I retain the robustness of the original unit.

Hey, you could rig a system to carry them daisho, like a katana and wakizashi! I was actually thinking about doing a similar shortening at one point, and then adding either a ball or T-handle for grip. The CS shovel head is a damn useful tool, no matter what handle you stick in it.

Hey, you could rig a system to carry them daisho, like a katana and wakizashi! I was actually thinking about doing a similar shortening at one point, and then adding either a ball or T-handle for grip. The CS shovel head is a damn useful tool, no matter what handle you stick in it.

Well I'll be darned. It didn't occur to me to add a small T handle, cool. I just saw no sense in buying a fifth mini shovel (the Condor) and still having a longish shaft. The less handle hanging down as I kneel or crawl through brush the better. As it will be a hip hang. Yes, I think that these shovels are a very unappreciated tool overall. This was a nothing mod and I almost didn't post because it is so obvious. But what the hey. It was just the personalization of a great tool for a specific need.;)

Nice! I just got 2 in today for the vehicles. They seem great and the reviews are good. Wonder how well they chop.

Nice! I just got 2 in today for the vehicles. They seem great and the reviews are good. Wonder how well they chop.

They chop decently enough for a shovel, lol. Probably better than they should. I have a pic somewhere of slashing my way out of some bush on a dull rainy evening. I just wanted the hell out of there right now as I was tired/tangled/tripping, and started hacking. It worked. I have an axe file that I run across the edges, if and when I feel like it.

Back