• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mods, Please Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilley Knife

I'm Daniel, I make stuff
I have tried to search this topic with no success, so please forgive me if it has been covered. I have an old soddy with textured black micarta scales. The blade has been used and sharpened until it is now very thin. I'm looking for someone who can either put a new soddy blade on this knife or put these scales on a new soddy. Is there anyone around here who specializes in replacing the blades and/or scales on these? I'll post some pics as soon as possible. Thank you in advance and best regards. – WB

Last edited:
Is it a Case? If so a replacement knife would not be much money. Probably not as much as a blade replacement. However, if it has micarta handle slabs, then you might want to have one of the folks that customize them reblade it for you. I'll send you a PM with suggestions.

Ed J

Thanks guys. Yes, it is a Case, but it's not a matter of "replacing the knife". I have a drawer full of Sodbusters, however this one has sentimental value. Thanks again.

Let's try moving this to "Wanted: Knifemaker / Craftsman / Related Services". Hope you get some help.

Let's try moving this to "Wanted: Knifemaker / Craftsman / Related Services". Hope you get some help.

Thanks, I've received several good leads. I apologize if this thread was out of place but it's sometimes slow going around there. Regards - WB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back