Monday!

Hey guys, what do you all have planned for the week?

Me? I got more work on the house (like that's a big surprise). :rolleyes:

I barely had enough time to make that ugly knife last week, but it was raining cats and dogs, and I decided to just go for it. Feels good though. I ain't made a knife in about 6 months.

I'm going to get an early start on getting the yard done for Fall. Dang English Ivy, Virginia creeper and poison ivy are a PITA. Going to clean up the shop again. I usually just make a horrible mess then clean it up every so often instead of keeping it clean as I go. I can build up an impressive amount of crap in a few months. Glad to see it cooling off so forging wont be such a drain. One I get everything squared away around the house, I plan on devoting some time to coming up with more "frontier industrial" knife designs and doing up a bunch of tomahawks. I've got an old 67 honda cb450 that i'm tinkering with also.

Got new exhaust put in my Nova today....rumble, rumble, rumble.....:D

No amount of screw-ups this evening will put a dent in that smile....:eek:

Headed to Tom Krein's again on Wednesday (hopefully).

Got some khukuris "in the works".

I started taking a bronze casting class on mondays, so now mondays don't suck. :D

Got plenty of knife work. Getting started on knives for the Chesapeake show. I ordered some 1/4" 5160 for large camp/survival knives and some for straight carbon steel hunters. D2 is my favorite, but I do love working with 5160. You can really get a nice satin finish on it. Still trying to figure out how to get some bow hunting in. I'm finally attaching the maroon micarta handles on the 5160 Busse blank I got from Justin Gingrich. This one is the 6 1/2" blade. Oh and the yard work, it has been neglected this summer. I'm going out to cut the grass when I get off the computer. TIME, boy I wish I had more! :D
Scott

Back