Monocacy Creek - Memorial Weekend

Was driving through Bethlehem, PA so decided to stop and wet some flies at Monocacy Creek right in town. Then had a burger at Brew Works for some good grub.

It was hot and caught just 2 very small, non-photo-worthy brook trout, but it was a nice day, as you can see.

Hope everyone's having a good Memorial Day weekend.

For those that bravely, as Lincoln said, "...gave the last full measure of devotion" - thanks for the freedom.

SANY0029-3.jpg

SANY0027-3.jpg

brians thats a great looking place. Too bad the fishing was not a little better. Doug

brians thats a great looking place. Too bad the fishing was not a little better. Doug

DP,

Yeah, not bad for being in town. It seems like a nice place to live.

I'm thinking I might try the West Branch of the Delaware soon, which is right on the NY/PA border.

How's the fly fishing in your area of NY? I'd like to learn a little Steelhead fishing one of these years.

B

B I have tried fly fishing a few times just have never taken the time to really learn it. There are a number of creeks in the area with trout so there is a bunch of places to go. You should bring your bow and fly fishing equipment to the WNY gathering the end of July Post is up in W & SS events. Doug

Back