Moore Maker Large Trapper

I traded for a slightly used Moore maker large Trapper this weekend.

What a chunk of knife it is!

The clip blade locks, and the spey blad doesn't.

This knife probably has the strongest backspring of any slippie I have handled in I don't know when. It is definitely overbuilt.

Have you guys had any experience with these?

I'm assuming that its the yellow bone handle with a liner lock on the main blade? those are made on contract by Queen, very nice knives and 1095 carbon steel.

I'm assuming that its the yellow bone handle with a liner lock on the main blade? those are made on contract by Queen, very nice knives and 1095 carbon steel.

Yes, yellow bone and a locking main blade.

This one was made in 2002.

It is one heavy duty knife.

I've got two, a stag version and the yellow bone that I dyed with brown dye to make it darker. I love them.
Scott

I have a MM large trapper with buffalo horn scales and it is awesome. It replaced a tactical folder in my personal kit. It's all the knife I need 99% of the time.

I have the stag with locking main blade, and the buffalo horn with slip joints on both blades. It's hard to find a big heavy duty knife with such class as this one has. I love this pattern.

are all of the yellow bone pcs. made by Queen? I've been looking at the even end model.

Pics? Ya gonna make me lust again ain't ya's.

The first picture includes the holster style sheathes that come with the large trapper. That's a nice little bonus.

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

You guys post the model numbers on the knives you have. I only see double lock models there now, which isn't a bad thing but I want to compare them to the ones you are speaking of. I really like that black one. Is that buffalo horn or is it micarta?

STR

You guys post the model numbers on the knives you have. I only see double lock models there now, which isn't a bad thing but I want to compare them to the ones you are speaking of. I really like that black one. Is that buffalo horn or is it micarta?

STR

Hi Steve:

The stag is model# 6206LL. Manufactured by Queen.

The black one is water buffalo horn, Camillus made. Model number is 2206. I like it as much or better than the stag/Queen, even though it cost half as much. I'm a big fan of the Camillus made Moore Makers in general.

Regards,

Jim

I'm just curious Longbeach is there a certain reason why you like the Camillus made knife over the Queen stag. I was thinking about getting one and your comment interested me..Thanks

Sunburst

I have the Camillus made non-locking version with yellow Delrin handles on the way from Ebay. Which do you prefer for ordinary use? The locking or non-locking?

I have the honey bone locking model and the buffalo horn slippie.I absolutely fell in love with the buffalo horn model and when i went back to buy it,the guy had sold out of them.That was why i bought the honey color.But a couple of months later i went back to the knife show,and he had one buffalo horn model he had bought from another dealer and kept just for me.I immediately bought it without even inspecting it,and i have been thrilled with it ever since.I think Moore Maker knives are one of the best quality and most overlooked brands available today.In KY. if it doesn't say CaseXX on it, everybody thinks it sucks including most of my own family,but i have been trying to show them the light.I don't know if it is working or not.:grumpy:

Back