Moose knife

2012-02-09_15-15-15_565.jpg
[/IMG]

You don't hear a lot about the Moose. In fact, i don't think there is any info on Scotts site either. Well I thought I would post some pictures of mine. The drop point blade would be perfect for skinning big game. The blade is plenty robust for splitting wood, chopping, and general camping choirs. Please forgive my phone pics. Scott cleaned the blade up for me at last years Gosstoberfest. Like all of Gossman knives, it rocks.

2012-02-09_15-15-27_172.jpg

This is the actual blade that was in this article. There is a picture of the same blade hangin in Scotts shop too. Pretty cool.
2012-02-09_09-46-45_509.jpg

Last edited:
Andster2 I would love to see a big picture of that knife! Like all Gossman's they rock. I have 2 Gossman's a Big Boar Tusker with an 8 inch blade and one I call the M.U.S.K. or Mike's ultimate survival knife.It has a 3/16 thick 1 1/2 inch wide by 4 inch long blade and is 8 inches overall. Lets just say these babies are always with me in the woods. The way Scott balances his knives they are like an extension of your hand. I have used the BBT to gut,skin and quarter a whitetail and it was simple and not too large for the task.

Bigcountry1315- Ill try to post a larger picture tomorrow.

LMT66- Thanks for posting the link. Scott confirmed that my Moose is the first one that he ever made and that it is the actual one in the picture of that article. I actually traded Dan Shechtman, who wrote that article in Tactical-Life, for this knife. I never seen another Gossman like it and thought it was the pretty bad ass. I was thumbing through some old magazines and came across the article and thought that it would be cool if my knife was the exact one in the picture...and it was. A year later at Gosstoberfest, I seen a blown-up picture of the same knife in Scott's shop.....pretty cool.

The blade is shaped kind of like a mini bolo with a nice drop point towards the tip. It's a great all around design. Scott cleaned up the blade at Gosstoberfest and I haven't used it since. I actually recently offered it in a trade for an 8 inch Tusker. I haven't seen the Moose on Scott's site recently. I highly recommend it as a great all around-er, not too small and not too big. If he is still offering to make them.

Andy, thanks for posting. The Moose knife named that by Dan Shecthman was an idea of his. He wanted me to make a knife similar in design to the Puma Whitehunter. He basically wanted a Whitehunter on steriods. Beefed up handle, plain blade shape like the Whitehunter without the bells and whistles, no sharpened spine or serrations. He took it to Alaska on a trip he went with his sons when he retired. I've only made 3 of them.
Scott

Really big pics, followed by medium size pics. I apologize for the poor quality phone pics.

2012-02-09_15-09-19_909.jpg
[/IMG] :)

Check out the cool thumb notches. Great for control and striking fire steels. :thumbup::thumbup:

2012-02-09_15-15-27_172.jpg

2012-02-09_09-39-56_857.jpg

2012-02-09_09-46-45_509.jpg

Back