Mora Knives

As far as I know, the carbon are carbon, the stainless are stainless, and the triflex is carbon with softer laminates. They also have "original" moras which are laminated carbon steels but I don't know what the laminates are. Its pretty exciting to get a new user for $10 bucks, I just ordered the #1 and 711G both in carbon last week and am eager to use em. Its also a relief after spending the kinda money I spend on customs and high end productions.

There's something nice about being able to just give the knife to a friend after a weekend out in the sticks, don't you think?

After reading about some bending issues I think I would baton only as a last resort with these blades, and a non-lam would probably keep its shape better than a softer laminate (or just break). They're taskers and slicers. Stocking stickers I mean stuffers!

After reading about some bending issues I think I would baton only as a last resort with these blades

I like to take more than 1 knife into the bush with me, the Mora is GREAT for carving and fine detail work, my bigger thicker full tang knife (whichever one I bring) can handle batoning with no worries about bending or breaking.

A mora is the best 10-30 dollar knife you will ever buy for function in the woods i have seen them outperform many 300-400 dollar knives meant for same kinda function

Old Jimbo has a website that has a lot of opinionated survival information on it. It helped me decide to buy some Moras in the first place and it helped direct me to setting up a free hand sharpening system that works very well. It also directed me to this forum. IMO - excellent reading for the thrifty minded survivalist.

Jimbo and Hoodoo used to provide truly excellent woods info. This is a great blast from the past and also relevant to me and my current Mora edge experimenting :thumbup: Nice bump!

I just ordered the #1 and 711G both in carbon last week and am eager to use em. Its also a relief after spending the kinda money I spend on customs and high end productions.

This maybe one of the oldest thread necros in history so just want to be part of the action. In any case I have a 746G and 711G and think these have a very comfortable handle. Also they can take a beating better than some people might expect give the cheap price

Ok you necromantics
IMG_1210.jpg

...and six more on the way.
Moras rule or what?

If I recall the Triflex Is not laminated , rather the blade edge and spine are differentially heat treated. The edge is harder whilst the spine is softer.

The Laminated Mora with the wood handle comes insanely sharp. Sharpest I'd say of the Moras I've tried.

I put together a knife using a Mora laminated blade. It is the sharpest knife that I own. My Bushcraft triflex comes in a close second.
I don't know how they heat treat the triflex blade but I has had a surface treatment that reduces the % carbon in the steel (Thomas Eriksson, Mora knives). Kind of like case hardening in reverse. So the surface of the blade, where it hasn't been cut or ground is softer than the core of the blade.

Back