Mora Sheath

Hello everyone,

This is a sheath for a Mora #1 knife for a swap event on another forum. It is made of 7-9oz horsehide leather that has been heavily distressed in my "Apocalyptic Survivor" style (it's not for everyone, I know :p), stitched with pure hemp thread, and finished with Leather Balm and Sno-Seal. The belt loop is a fold-over style that I modified with a slot at the fold and leaving the bottom of the loop open so that you can wear the sheath horizontally as well as standard carry, and that slot at the top also makes it very easy to tie cord to it for neck carry.

I'll try and get better pictures when the new camera arrives :p

9to3fp.jpg

Thanks for looking!

~Noah

That's sweet! I really like the distressed look! I saw that same sheath trade and thought about entering but I've only made 4 sheaths so I figured I'd sit this one out. I would be dang proud to wear yours! Any chance we get to see the back of it?

Here are pictures of the belt carry options. I don't have any pictures of it set up for neck carry, but because of the slot cut in the fold of the loop, it's very easy to tie cord to for that.

Standard carry:
fctocz.jpg

Horizontal carry:
241rp0l.jpg

Thanks!

~Noah

That's great Noah. I'm not sure I've ever seen a Mora in such a nice sheath!

That's great Noah. I'm not sure I've ever seen a Mora in such a nice sheath!

Classy and very innovative. Thanks!

12 dollar knife - 50+ dollar sheath. ;)

TF

Thanks everyone! I knew the sheath design was overkill for such a cheap knife, but it's really nice to hear that it looks the part :p. Think of it this way, though--the $50+ sheath will last long enough to carry several of those $12 knives, haha

~Noah

Back