More choices for Impulse

I like the Impulse but does anyone know if there are any plans to make "higher end" models i.e. different steel,handle material etc. ? I think it would sell well. Thanks

For an updated Impulse with titanium handles, carbon fiber inlays, filework, damascus or other premium blade steel contact Darrel Ralph for a hand made original.

Since the Impulse is a high quality knife we don't have any plans to offer an upgrade model. If you don't yet own one don't let the low price fool you. The Impulse has the same quality and features of other knives costing 2-3 times more.

------------------
Sincerely,
Outdoor Edge Cutlery Corp.

David Bloch

See our Online Catalog at: http://www.outdooredge.com

The Impulse from Outdoor Edge is, indeed, a very high quality production knife. I don't think it is surpassed in terms of design, production quality, or utility - especially at that price point!

If you do want more decoration, you should certainly contact Mr. Ralph for a custom original.

<center>Start at <A HREF="http://www.darrelralph.com</center>" TARGET=_blank>www.darrelralph.com</center></A>

[This message has been edited by samwereb (edited 10-12-2000).]

I have handled a few of them and have been impressed. I am definitly going to order one. Thanks for the informaton

David just sent me a batch of small impulses.
WOW these are great!!!!!

Ill have a few at the NY show . Ill be glad to sign the blades if anyone wants..

------------------
Web Site At www.darrelralph.com
NEW WEB SITE TAKE A LOOK!!!!!!!!!
New projects and pics to look at !!!!

I love the Impulse in the small version!
smile.gif

I recently bought 2 of them, 1 for myself, and 1 for my 7 month old grandson. Mine is the non-black blade, which I use as a weekend carry knife. Since I just can't bring myself to carry my Krait, this lets me have the best of both worlds. The other, finished with a black blade, is a spittin image,,,well,, close anyhow to my Krait. I'm looking foreward to a lot of whittlin and BS sessions w/grandson and gramps while he uses a knife sumpthin like grandpa's best knife.

Darrel, I really can't think of a better first knife for a kid. Thanks.

You can allways modify it yourself. I am planning to do this myself someday. The rubber inlays beg to be switched to... pour example; mastodon ivory, snakewood, white micarta, buffalo horn etc.
The warranty will go straight into the toilet but I can live with that.

We are now looking into adding engraved innerframes in place of the Kraton. We can engrave on any material such as gunblued steel, pearl or wood. Designs for the inlay may include an oriental style dragon, tiger, etc. If you have any suggestions for engraved artwork you would like to see on the Impulse please let us know. For now a dragon is my first choice.

We are now looking into adding engraved innerframes in place of the Kraton. We can engrave on any material such as gunblued steel, pearl or wood. Designs for the inlay may include an oriental style dragon, tiger, etc. If you have any suggestions for engraved artwork you would like to see on the Impulse please let us know. For now a dragon is my first choice.

------------------
Sincerely,
Outdoor Edge Cutlery Corp.

David Bloch

See our Online Catalog at: http://www.outdooredge.com

How about a carbon fiber inlay David. This might resemble the Krait original?
The Krait is not available anymore in a custom.

DRAGONS?????

------------------
Web Site At www.darrelralph.com
MADD MAXX !

[This message has been edited by Darrel Ralph (edited 02-11-2001).]

I am anxious to buy a small Impulse. I am not quite anxious enough to spend what Knifecenter is asking for them, however, as their price for these is more than the other dealers' price for the large Impulse. Unfortunately, it seems that most dealers are greatly limited in their offerings. I do appreciate a company with the foresight and forward thinking to manufacture knives other than the all too common 3.x" blade length, however, and you will get my business! Thank you.

JK

Back