More low-tech how-to where-to -- wood/metal/leather

Dean, did I understand you correctly about putting that book on a CD. If I am wrong let me know. It sounds like a mountain of good information in that book. Sure would be something to have a copy of the book. Thanks very much for the URL's. a lot of info here too. This good information seems to stick to you like glue or you just know how and where to find it.:)

Originally posted by Pappy .....
putting that book on a CD.
Specifically, I saved a copy to my hard drive by
Adding the site to my Favorites and
checking Make Available Offline
Customized to Yes, save links 3 deep.
The folder created contains a bit over 8 Mb of data.

If you can't read the site with your web browser,
I'm sure I can send you a copy one way or another.

I've got plenty of free hard drive space. I think if I can get the book to come up, I will try that and little at a time get it printed up just for my own information. I'm sure that I had the book in my bookmarks. Thanks again for all of the sights.:) ;) :D
P.S. are you aware of the place east of the Dallas-Fortworth metroplex that has the Carnauba was for sale?

Originally posted by Pappy ......P.S. are you aware of the place east of the Dallas-Fortworth metroplex that has the Carnauba was for sale?
No. What place is that?

BTW. I find most of these sites by looking for particular info using a search program called Copernic. It gives a list of sites containing the keywords; which I then browse through the likely looking ones.

Copernic 2001 Basic is a Free download at:
http://www.copernic.com/products/copernic/basic/index.html
It automatically checks the results of almost 20 different search engines on the web, then compiles the results for browsing. Very good program. The pay version adds tons more search engines and options, although I've never felt a need to try it.

Have to look at a Lot of trash to find the really interesting/good sites. The ones that are blade or resource related I pass on here--especially when they relate somehow to a prior discussion.

OK, I am going to check it out. I have been using Google and find a lot of things but, it seems to get cluttered up with a lot of sites that really do not pertain to what you are looking for.

Originally posted by Pappy .......seems to get cluttered up with a lot of sites that really do not pertain to what you are looking for.
That's always a problem when doing keyword searchs. Usually the first time I search there's too much off topic; I see if there are better phrases, then redo the keyword list and re-search--sometimes several times. Copernic lets you add quotes for phrases to help refine the matches. Google is one of the search sites that Copernic uses.

Here are some examples of the search phrases I've used recently:
carnuba wax (raw source price $) (block brick oz ounce pound lb #)
(heat hot thermo) (glue adhesive cement)
"turners' cement" "turner cement" "turners cement"
"electroless copper" steel (apply applicat art decor etch design)

Inside parentheses means any one or more of the list.

Back