More On Failed Gun Policies

My .02 worth based on many years dealing with guns and protection.

Do like we do here in Florida. Anyone (without a criminal record) can carry a loaded handgun in their car. No permit needed. Anyone with a clean record must be issued a concealed weapons permit if they want it. So many of us are armed a criminal is a fool to rob a store. Chances are good there are armed customers in it. There is little road rage. Hey, the other guy probably has a gun. Nor are there a lot of random shootings. It works quite well.

You can even carry Kuks as long as you can keep them concealed.

Long live Florida!

I'm off my soapbox now.

In the spring of 1964 I moved to Mass. They had such restrictive handgun laws that to buy a BB pistol one had to get a sign-off by one's local police to recieve a licience to transport said BB gun from the store on a direct route to the interior of one's home. If you joined a club, you could get a licience to transport the aforementioned "weapon" on a direct route between your home and the club's range.
At this same time, a one-handed mafioso was at a bus stop waiting for his ride to court where he was to either turn state's (EXCUSE ME - Commonwealth's) evidence or be sentenced for his numerous crimes. He was suddenly gunned down by a passing car. As he lie on the ground, bleeding from his mortal wound(s) he handed his brown paper lunch bag to an elderly woman who had come to his aid. Inside the bag was a loaded, cocked .45ACP 1911 automatic pistol.

Please, comrades, to excuse spelling, grammar, wording and minor mis-statements of fact.

My New-Year's Revolution, er Resolution is to avow to eschew redundancy and obfiscation in all it's myriad forms as my new paradyme.

I try to avoid Yup gushes like 'paradyme'.

The old Mass joke; Ted Kennedy's killed more people with his car than I have with .....

I feel sorry for Mass and CA. I lived in CA for a long time, watched it fall.

just think; people living in Iraq have more gun rights than do the US citizens living in Boston. You can have a fully auto AK47 in Iraq.

Israel was gun prohibitive intially. Then they had to defend themselves.

People living in Ca and Mass need guns perhaps more than most of us; they must through neccesity confront failed social policies that have brought about mass unrest and crime.

munk

jmings said:
... he handed his brown paper lunch bag to an elderly woman who had come to his aid...

she, i'd bet, was arrested for possession of a deadly weapon upon arrival of the po'leece. (unless, of course, her name was kennedy, kerry or fonda)

I just wrote to CTV.ca

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...eaction_051230?hub=TopStories&s_name=&no_ads=

This idea is flawed and not the solution to the problem. There is no justification to remove handguns from those who have legitimatally registered them. It is gangsters, gang members and criminals that have the guns and shooting people not those that have registered their firearms. If you take away handguns from the honest, you still have the unregistered guns with those that are using them for unlawful destruction. It just doesn't make sense.

I have a far more radical way of solving this problem and I'll justify it. Carefully vet those who wish to carry handguns and allow 'Concealed Carry Permits'. Make them armed deputies if you want to give them a 'PC' title. These people will receive police or military training. I am a marksman with a rifle, shotgun and pistol and like others could be an asset to community.

OK, so take that terrible day downtown when that poor girl was shot, there were no police around apart from one police officer who got 'grazed'. What about if 30 suitably armed and trained deputies were there at that time? Some may not have been in a position to return fire, but some will have been and those gang members with illegal firearms and the sole intent of causing death will have been taken out of the gene pool.

Paul Martin's other ideas are great. Throw the book at those that have illegal firearms and lock them up for a minimum of 10 years and then deport the Jamaican yardies, Sri Lankans and Philipinos back to where they came from.

I wont get into arguements about the idiotic idea of banning guns with those foolish enough to think it a good idea. Suffice it to say I add them to my ignore list. If it someone in person, I simply won't associate with them ever again. I don't need to read or listen to the ramblings of flawed minds.

I will be keeping my guns. If anyone wants them they must first kill me. The same goes for my knives. Freedom is mine, and I will keep it.

munk said:
I think the handgun ban idea was a joke, guys.

munk

There are some Americans that don't think the idea is a joke: Kennedys, Feinstein, Boxer, Schumer, Brady, and numerous Commiefornia legislators. Who else did I miss?

They need to visit Poland every year - I"ll dig up pics when I get home.

munk said:
I think the handgun ban idea was a joke, guys.

munk

I wish it were Monk, but they did it in the UK and now Canada wants to follow suit. Here is the link

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051230/shootout_reaction_051230/20051230/

and it is because of this and 68 other shootings in Toronto

http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060102/creba_vigil_060102

The first of 2006 was yesterday, a black man slumped in the front of his Cadillac. Reported to be 'gang and drug related' and this guy was accused of shooting someone else a few years back.

The city state of San Francisco has banned handguns from its good citizens. This, despite a solved homicide rate of less than 50%!
We, the city police can't protect you. In order to protect you better you need to turn in all handguns. Gotta love that brain aneurysm mentality.

Californias newest edition(2006) to the ultimate banning of handguns from lawful ownership is a magazine disconnect and an chamber loaded indicator. Two items that are totally useless mechanical devices that will instill the mindset that handguns are now safe and can be pointed wherever the hell at anybody because they have been rendered safe. Also, complex mechanical devices can fail.

We currently cannot buy handguns unless they go through an expensive drop test and certification from the DOJ. Then, the manufacturer must pay fees to keep that gun on the list. This law was written to keep the people of this great state safe. The real pisser is Law Enforcement agencies may purchase handguns not on the list. How are guns deemed unsafe for the citizens somehow able to be effective tools that are safe for our men in blue?
Also, single action revolvers are exempt from the safety certification. Anybody familiar with single action revolvers knows they are notorious for accidental discharge when dropped unless they incorporate a transfer bar that blocks the hammer from contacting the firing pin.
I guess the purpose of this rant is: The handgun safety certification is a sham and nothing more than an attempt at disarming the citizenry. It has absolutely nothing to do with making them safer.

Goodbye, San Francisco. You finally did drop into an ocean, it just wasn't the one I thought.

munk

Back