More on the Kent branded Sportsman knives...

"The stamping is currently not very popular among those who know," Who are these people who know? The way I see it, any product is worth what someone is willing to pay. Example: I just saw, on Ebay, the Camillus/Western fixed blade knife with the large,(I think it's aluminum) butt. The rest of the handle is wood. Wish I knew the model #. The last time I looked the top bid was 78.00. That makes it worth 78.--. Not to me, but I'm not bidding. My point is that true value is dictated on a deal by deal basis. If I run up on a rare knife that I need to complete a series I may pay a price that others think is absurd. It's my collection and others may think I'm a fool, but when they start buying my blades for me their opinion will start to matter. Besides, I'll make up for it in a later deal.

You are confusing popularity , niche popularity, and market value.

I have had this knife for awhile though I would add it to the display here, how might I clean the black off this blade without loosing steel? I guess I cant add photos...
Which knife?

if the "black" is corrosion, the original steel is now iron oxide. You can remove it but not restore the chemically changed steel. I like old "black" knives. I'd oil it and rub some with fine steel wool.

POSTING IMAGES USING IMGUR [ED: I NOW FIND IMJUR TO BE ALL SCREWED UP.]

(when your membership level does not allow direct posting)

Go to Imgur.com

Create an account (free) That involves creating an Imgur name, like a forum name.

"Browse" at Imgur to locate pictures on your computer picture file that you want to put in IMGUR.

Copy ("open") those pictures to Imgur or drag those pictures to IMGUR.

Put cursor on your IMGUR name at upper right. A menu will drop.

Click on "images" on the menu that drops. A grid of images that you have saved to IMGUR will appear.

Click on the image in the grid of images that you wish to share.

A menu of actions appears on the right. Click on blue "Copy" tab on "BBCode" ("forums") (not "Linked BBCode") in the menu to perform "copy" step of Windows "copy and paste."

Go to forum page where you want picture located and "paste" link you just copied from Imgur.

Last edited:
Back