• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

More than 1M Harbor Freight pocketknives recalled over 'laceration hazard'

Vaporstang

Gold Member
Let me know if I need to remove the link.

"More than 1 million pocketknives have been recalled due to a "laceration hazard," safety officials announced Friday.
"Gordon Folding Knives" by Harbor Freight Tools were recalled after the company received at least seven reports "of the knife failing to lock" — resulting in at least six reports of laceration injuries, and at least four people needing medical attention."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/harbor-freight-pocketknives-recalled

I can't say I'm surprised. Sucks for those that got hurt as they were likely just average working folk and not knife nuts.

and that’s why you spend more than $5 on your knife

bah, why waste all that money on an American or Swiss made knife......

bank your savings to help defray emergency room costs!

to OP, thank you for informing us of the recall- might prevent some serious injuries.

I consider their stuff passable for the casual do it yourselfer but I wouldn't count on anything they sell to last long or hold up to heavy use. It's fine for what it is, cheap stuff you can get quick to do a small job or two. I do have a jumpstarter/tireinflator/powerpack from there that's been pretty good.

I buy tumbling media there, and they have great pelican like cases. Good organizing stuff for cheap too. They are a great resource for certain things, just have to go in knowing that. That said, knives are not one of the things that I would buy there. All least they're owning up to it, or responding well to being forced to own up to it.

We all know HF has it's suppliers in China, and the quality is fairly low. However, I have a TON of useful tools from them which work well. It depends.

That they are a single selling source for these cheapo folders, and they probably sold many, many thousands. The failure rate is probably on par with gas station/convenience store/whatnot store, yet they (HF) are a BIG entity.

I'm not surprised.

You mean Harbor Freight doesn't sell only the best of the best?!?!

Back