Photos Most carried blade of 2019

SAK Tinker and Leatherman Squirt all day, every day, at work and play :D

EDC_3.jpg

Also, a Buck 501 Squire and Case Medium Stockman with a punch go to work.

EDC_2.jpg

And I rotate one of many Buck 110s on my belt when I'm home.

EDC_4.jpg

You guys have some super nice knives. My only "nice" knife is a Strider AR, which is a great knife. Despite it being so, my Spyderco Tenacious gets more pocket time. I know it is one of the least expensive Spydercos but it is nonetheless a great knife.

20200101_134344-X2.jpg

1. Case Peanut (every day)
2. Yojimbo 2 CPM-M4 (every day since I got it)

#1 - Leatherman Micra in my RFP pretty much every waking hour. This combined with a large traditional folder in my RRP (held vertical by a seam I've sewn in all pants/shorts RRPs).

#2 - An aluminum framed Buck 110 (sold by Copper and Clad). Easy carrying. The 110 just makes me happy.

#3 - An Opinel #9

#4 through #10 - A varying cast of other traditional folders. Over the holidays it was a square sided brass 112. Today, a Schrade 6OT. Summer camping season, an Opinel #10. The list goes on. But Micra always.

#1.5 - A Leatherman Juice rides in my EDC pack. Not sure if that counts as carry or not. The pack is almost always either in the house, in my car or otherwise nearby.

The Electrician was in my RFP every single day, along with the Channellocks. The Opinel 6 and the Okapi Biltong were there almost as often, and got more use than the SAK. Every so often I would remove them in place of an Improved Muskrat or the 2018 Forum Buck.

I also have a Micra on my keys, every day.

7526C541-3CBB-42E9-9516-4E9607A2D471.jpegO often

Last edited:
I spent 6 months in Brazil this year. So, my most carried knife was one of my cheaper knives, and that was my Vouking Stedemon T03. I bought two on Amazon last year for $50 each and that was an absolute steal! Titanium frame and m390 for $50 is hard to beat. I also have the T01 which is the same knife, just bigger. I saw the T01 on a mid month sale on a certain knife website for less than $80 (it's still that price). That's a really good price and you will not be disappointed if you buy it.
My most carried knife while home in the good 'ol U S of A was my Quest Customs Micro Kwaiken 2.0! I absolutely love that knife! That had the best action of all of my <2.5" blades, and I have pretty much all of the under 2.5" flippers that have been made for the last 5 years. Bestech has the biggest variety of excellent under 2.5" blades. I have all of them and will be getting the Tulip very soon. I prefer my knives under 2.5" (Yes, I'm a strange person hahaha). I was a happy person in 2019 because I think there were more high quality small knives last year than the previous 10 years combined. Bestech alone probably released 6+ excellent small folders last year. ZT even released a great micro. For 10+ yearsi thought ZT would never make a knife that small, so I was extremely happy that they finally did although the price was a but more than it probably should have been.
I'm looking forward to this year because I already have 2 customs on order and I got in on the Darriel Cadton D Rocket Designs MinimalX EDC. I would bought one of his new micro OTF's but they're no pocket clip. The 2 customs I ordered are a Brad Zinker BO with blue mylar carbon fiber scales, which will be the first/only one BO with blue mylar CF scales that he's made, and the other is a tiny custom Carver knives flipper. I'm really looking forward to getting those.

The Electrician was in my RFP every single day, along with the Channellocks. The Opinel 6 and the Okapi Biltong were there almost as often, and got more use than the SAK. Every so often I would remove them in place of an Improved Muskrat or the 2018 Forum Buck.

I also have a Micra on my keys, every day.

View attachment 1258330O often

Why the channel locks?

There is supposed to be a benchmade mini gritiplian in the picture. But I lost it along with my fanny bag;)

Attachments

• 3F306DA1-B094-4E5A-BF3D-BB8A8A9D1E58.jpeg
    3F306DA1-B094-4E5A-BF3D-BB8A8A9D1E58.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 6
Why the channel locks?

The school buses I drive are rickety, rattly creatures that tend to shake themselves apart. The parallel jaws of a channellock are better at gripping a hex nut, or most other fasteners, than any other pliers. They also grab stuff as well as regular pliers, or the needle nose typically found on multi-tools.

They are handy if you ride motorcycles, too. A lot of tinners carry them as well.

Aside from the Vic Rambler that is always on my keychain, the following according to my OCD spreadsheet :

CRK Small 21 plain Jane
Benchmade Bugout with aftermarket scales
Benchmade Mini Ritter Grip with aftermarket scales
Jason Guthrie Scout
Mcusta Bamboo
Spyderco Centofante Memory with blue ano removed
Spyderco Brouwer
Benchmade Amicus

Back