Most expensive and deadly knives in history. New Hellfire missile takes out terrorists.

Knowing the way that most military contracts go the lowest bidder, I would suspect something rather low-tech and cheap/simple.

I am pretty sure you're not going to find any Loveless or Hinderer goods inside. They're probably loaded with some Black and Decker circular saw blades, if I had to guess. Or perhaps some cheap ninja throwing stars. :p

I'm only half-joking on the saw blade guess. You would want some sort of flight stability of the "blades" when the missile explodes, and saw blades would probably work well. Kind of like Frisbees with teeth.

On the other hand, this really sounds like nothing more than a super-sized pipe bomb. For all we know it's simply full of broken-off cheap confiscated TSA knife blades.

Last edited:
Lockheed_Martin_Longbow_Hellfire.jpg

Looks like 6, 12” katana blades.
Bomb3.png

Last edited:
I was not on here then, Sorry I missed it. we should call them SIILK and not ISIS K. easier to say
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant — Khorasan Province (Arabic: الدولة الإسلامية – ولاية خراسان‎; ISIL–KP or ISKP). There are North, South, and Razavi Khorasan provinces in modern Iran. These "Islamic State" gangsters are claiming Iraq's Khorasan Province in medieval geography as their turf: Afghanistan and adjacent parts of Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Iran where there are nice cities they could plunder. Ambitious, aren't they? Right now they are fighting a civil war in Afghanistan with the Taliban, whom they consider wishy-washy liberals and sell-outs. For a brief history of the Taliban, check this:

https://theconversation.com/the-his...ss-now-and-also-what-might-happen-next-166630

Good thing we're getting out of there. Stuck in the middle of another county's civil war is not a good place to be.

Last edited:
This R9X missile sounds like something out 90s Sci-Fi movies. I assume that these blades replaced explosive to reduce potential collateral damage. Given the size of missile and it’s limitations in terms of payload weight, the blades are probably made out some high-tech material, which probably more expensive than explosive. My bet it is one of the superalloys, turbine blades material.

Given the size of missile and it’s limitations in terms of payload weight, the blades are probably made out some high-tech material, which probably more expensive than explosive. My bet it is one of the superalloys, turbine blades material.
Single-use sword blades, very tough, edge retention and corrosion resistance not required. Think disposable breaching tools.

Blade_broke.jpg

A blade broke on the unibody car frame, they're not indestructible. My guess is some sort of spring steel. You might get a more educated guess in Sword Discussion.

Although I am amazed they can launch this thing from 8000-10000 ft up and hit someone sitting in the back seat of a car. I also frustrated that this kind of precision does not win wars. Let's face it collateral damage wins wars. Look at the Japanese they were preparing to fight to the last man. Our military was looking at one to two million allied casualties and somewhere between 5 to 10 million Japanese casualties. Japan was planning on fighting to the last man. Two bombs that destroyed two cities took the fight out of them. Yes the nuclear bombs probably killed between 250 and 400,000, but that is better than 6 to 12 million. The more we have worried about collateral damage the less we have won when it comes to combat.

Back