Most famous,most in demand & The Best Khukuri of all times-Made by Himalayan Imports

This is gonna be tough and a variety of answers are forthcoming.

For me personally I'm quite enamored and sadly can only limit it to 3 at best so far.
My 18" Trisuli Ghaule
My 20" Foxy Folly, an 18 would be even better.
My 20? Thamar Curved Spine.

and not necessarily in that order but usually in that order. I better quit as I'm wanting to add 3 more with high sentimental value. My 25" Siru personally handed me by Auntie herself in person. I'm done, this is tough.

Best or best seller or most famous?

I'd say most well known and best seller are members of the Ang Khola family. 15-16.5" long 24-35oz this includes the CAK as well.

Best looking has to go to the foxy folly or YCS but looks are highly subjective.

The M43 and WW2 are a close second to the ang khola I'm sure.

In my limited knowledge of HI khukuri, I'd say the Ang Kholas are the most famous and probably have the largest demand. My personal favourite is my 20 inch curved spine by Thamar. To me, it handles similar to one of my general purpose 15 inchers---something about it's balance, I guess. It just feels like an extension of my body.

Most Famous - Anything in the Ang Khola family

Most in Demand - Anything in the Ang Khola family

Best Khukuri made - I don't know, highly subjective. I would need to go with the WWII, M43, Sirupati.

My knowledge is too,very limited,but from what i have read and seen so far-Most famous HI blades - Chiruwa AngKhola 16,5"inch,,,,Most in demand-this i do not have opinion on(maybe WWII,BAS,M43),,,,,The Best Ever HI blade-i would give my vote to 20"inch CAK,,,,,but of course it must be very hard to answer for all collectors and users of HI blades,,,to pick up only one and the one model they consider to be real King or Queen of the HI.....All models are designed for specific and variety of tasks,they serve best in.Personally,apart of CAK,i have my eyes on M43 (very appealing model),,,,also Sirupate and Kumar Kobra

The CAK is the most "famous" series of blades, and with good reason. M43 is also another one that ranks up there. My Gopte, as is stands, is my favorite knife. Light enough to be used as a fighter, but with just enough belly to chop like a beast too (tested out my christmas present to me today). The blades that seem to sell pretty fast on the forums are IBBB's (MMB's).

The HI website lists the blades that are bestsellers. If I remember correctly, it was the 15 inch WW II and same size AK.

Among collectors of HI products many times the kami is more in demand than the particular model. Or sometimes it's a combo of both for example (Sgt Khadka bonecutter or Bura Foxy Folly)

I would consider bura's the most desirable, but purna and thamar are getting really close-- my most desirable kami is durba, so hook a brother up if you have a sideways nepali flag with no UB :D

I would consider bura's the most desirable, but purna and thamar are getting really close-- my most desirable kami is durba, so hook a brother up if you have a sideways nepali flag with no UB :D

Durba didn't work for HI for very long so his blades are the most rare. You there Gehazi got my only one.

My personal favorite is usually whichever one I got most recently.

However, if forced to choose I'd vote for the dui chirra Chitlangi model with flared butt. It's the most beautiful (IMHO) and sturdy enough for everything except heavy chopping.

A close second would be the Gelbu Special. If we could assign "genders" to these models I'd say that the Chitlangi and Gelbu are like a mated pair, with the Chitlangi being female and the Gelbu male. That's based on the Chitlangi being prettier and the Gelbu heftier, but only by a little.

Then there's length, handle type and material. I prefer 16"-18" OAL, chiruwa style handle in satisal wood. It's all subjective, of course, and on any given day I might answer Foxy Folly or YCS or even BDC if made by Bura. If you allow engraved blades and Manjushree swords, all bets are off.

I've only got 2, but my m43 is my current favorite :). Wanting to pick up a CAK.

I also like M43 very much,seem very sturdy and solid model,similar to CAK and sizevise,,,,would generally prefer models about 18-25 inch due to being 6'3"tall,,,even 30"inch could be right,in models like Kumar Kobra,or Sirupate..but something to be used daily and regularly,18"-20"inch enough.

Back