Movies that have scared the heck outta yah...

I had a similar experience watching "Them". That was the one with the giant ants, and was pretty well done. (well, except for the giant ants...) Anyway, my buddy and I were walking home, and it was dark. Suddenly, from behind us came the EXACT same sound that the giant ants made whenever they were around.
We were both about to break into a dead run when the car that was making the noise (wheel bearing, most likely) passed.

when i was little about like 5-6 i was at my nana's house and they were watching some movie about about a gorrila lookin creature it killed ppl all gorily and whatnot and it was in the snow i dont kno what it was called but i was really scared thats like the most scared i have ever been. oh yeah and one episode of x-files kinda creeped me out it was about inbred ppl that couldnt feel pain and i only saw the last half of it so i didnt kno what was goin on anyway the mom of the bunch had both of her legs and one arm cut off in a car crash and she was like scooting arround on a thing that mechanics use to get under cars it was weird oh yeah the house the fbi dudes were trying to get in was booby trapped jeeze that was creepy.

at the age of two my father took me to see Dune (1984, david lynch) and i can tell you that the baron harkonnen and sand worms are not toddler friendly.

Shortly thereafter i saw Alien (1979) which remains as the best horror flim i've ever seen

however the most frightening movie i've ever watched is Full Metal Jacket (1987).

"What's she doing?"
"She's Praying"
"We can't just leave her like this."
"I say we leave her for the mother-loving rats."
bang.
"Hard-core, man, **** hard-core."
"No more boom-boom for this baby-san."
"Joker, we're going to have to put you up for the congretional medal of .. ugly!"

Rottwang, do yourself a favor and edit the profanity outta your sig line or post before ya get reprimanded by a mod, W&C or the Pirates Cove but not Community.

BTW Welcome.

There is no film that has ever affected me half so much as H.P. Lovecraft's horror stories, especially "The Colour Out of Space". God, I kept looking for "blasted heath" for years after reading it; still occasionally do to this day. And understand that I was in my 20s when I forst encountered Lovecraft. When my son first encountered him, he asked me what I thought of Lovecraft and I described him as "terminally morbid."

Now, there is an absolutely hilarious Neil Gaiman pastiche of Lovecraft in his Smoke and Mirrors collection of short stories called "Only the End of the World Again". There is even a "one shot" graphic novel (comic book for grown-ups) version of it. It is impossible to do it any justice with a short description, just as it is impossible to catch the flavor of a Lovecraft story in a synopsis, so I shan't try.

maximus Recently? [URL=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0235198/ said:
Audition.[/URL]

maximus otter

I watched this movie on IFC at about 2 AM. Couldn't sleep for two days. The "BAG" scene still hunts me:eek:

One I missed, too!

Gotta say, Hitchcock's "The Birds" made me sick, it scared me so much when I saw it in I think 6th grade... I couldn't even watch the end I was so scared...
And the only other one was "Alien"... although "The Hills Have Eyes" came close - if I'd have been younger, I know it would have!

Hmm , this Audition film has me interested now.....

Blair Witch is my worst , I've seen many horror films (one of my favorite genres) and that one had me freaked out for almost two weeks , several of my close friends can attest to that as I spent a lot of time at thier places for company lol.... Funny to look back on it now , I still get ribbed over it :D

There is no film that has ever affected me half so much as H.P. Lovecraft's horror stories, especially "The Colour Out of Space".

That was a spooky story to even read ! :eek:

Salem's Lot was another good ,creepy film.
To me there is different types of scary... Jaws is a good example , Jaws sacred me but didnt leave me freaked since I live about 200 miles from the Pacific , Blair witch scared me for many reasons, living with a Eucalyptus mini forest behind my apartment only added to it.
Space movies never scared me until Event Horizon , that is one creepy film.
Robots and stuff , meh... those dont bug me.
Usually it's stuff that deals with demons and whatnot that gets to me.

Vampires , Werewolves and Zombies , oh my !!
:)

edit... man I just watched the trailer for Audition on youtube....... Thanks a LOT. *goes to open up blinds and turn on some happy music*

beside that new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie, the only other movie was friday the 13th party part 5, way back when I had my 8th B-day.

Maybe its because of my imagination, but Signs had me freaked out. Every time the dog jumped on the back door, I thought it was an alien trying to cart my fat ass to the mother ship.

Quiet Storm said:
When I was 11 years old, my stepbrother (he was 13) talked me into watching Terminator, the uncut version. Damn, that was scary!

I remember just freaking out after the "truck fire"!:eek: And the "factory chase scene " And I was about 20 yrs. old!

Also, Lady in White.

And I agree with SilentHunter on Signs. just creeped me out.

I saw the original THE THING (1951) I was 10 years old and sat in the theater with my jacket over my head during most of the movie.:eek:

THE BIRDS really bothered me. I went home after seeing it, strangled my parakeet and made a turkey sandwich. ;)

My grammar in this thread just scared me!

I believe the x-files episode is called "Home".

Blare Witch scared me.
Ringu had me freaked out for a bit.
I watched a little of one of the Haloween movies a long time ago, it scared me a lot, but I suspect that it wouldn't now. Not many movies scare me any more. Maybe my imagination has numbed.

That little voodoo doll coming to life in the "Trilogy Of Terror" movie did a pretty good job of freaking me out.

Rosie O'Donnell in "The Flintstones" gave me nightmares too.

Jubei

Jubei said:
That little voodoo doll coming to life in the "Trilogy Of Terror" movie did a pretty good job of freaking me out.

Rosie O'Donnell in "The Flintstones" gave me nightmares too.

Jubei

Rosie O'Donnell can give anybody nightmares. Just ask Tom Selleck!:eek:

My dad took me to see "When a Stranger Calls" in the early '80s when it came out, that movie scared the holly bajeebus out of me. It was a double feature with "Midnight Run" about the American held in Turkish prison for trying to smuggle Hashish out of Turkey. My dad then the next night promply had a date and left me home alone with no way to contact him. "Have you checked the children? Why haven't you checked the children yet?"

Also saw Poltergiest when it first came out (I was 10 or 11 at the time) and it made me pee my pants... the clown doll scared the hell out of me as I had a smaller version that looked similar to the one in the movie, with that evil smile.

Dave

Back