Moving.....

my wife is pulling out the rug from underneath me, seriously... we've been selling off as much stuff as we can with the exception of a few pieces, I have a lot of shop/tool stuff and that alone is a headache.. We have a POD out front for all the boxes which has made it really convenient.. today my recliner was sold and I've now resorted to pulling up a piece of carpet.... :)

My plan is to (hopefully) have enough time to do another batch or two before the move as some of my equipment is 220 and I'm not sure if the new place has it,and there is so much to do between time I'm not sure how soon I'd be able to pull some new 220.... so if I can have a batch profiled, rough ground and heat treated I should be able to get back into some steel maybe around mid May....

This move was really not planned and we didn't expect things to happen as fast as they have, really thrown us for a loop... I will be moving around 35 minutes away to Tulsa, thing that sucks is my two boys are in baseball here and I'm head coach for one of the teams, and to top it off the weather has been so screwy that we've had most of the games this year cancelled which will ultimately extend our season, which extends our obligations to the team, and more time..

I think the last batch I do here will have a special mark just to identify them as the last batch made where battle creek was born.. :cool:

just wanted to let everyone know what's going on atm..

take care,
Rob

hope life is treating you well and best of luck with the move this weekend.

well ran into a few snags bro so God willing everything will fall in place friday..... all title stuff from closing, when I built the last title company cleverly forgot to file one of the easements... :(

moved in for the most part, still unpacking etc... very sloowwwwww process...

no 220 here so I will have to wire it up unless I can find a single recept on a single circuit, then it would be super easy to convert...

unfortunately I must wait on that now as family matters are pressing and we must get out moved dialed in to make it feel like home...

rob

Rob,

I wish you the best on the move. My family and I getting ready to move to Texas (Hill Country area) from Kentucky.

oh, another texan ehh?? sorry to hear that :D

just brought my grinder and motor in from storage, hoping it laying around may encourage me more... help kick things in gear, at the very least I can grind once I make a stage for it and set it up, its the kiln that's going to kiln me ;p with 220

One day at a time, you will find it will all fall into place. Best of luck.

Rob
How's it going? Are the boxes empty and you settled in? Have you started any projects in steel?
Hope you and your family are doing well!
Doug

Rob
How's it going? Are the boxes empty and you settled in? Have you started any projects in steel?
Hope you and your family are doing well!
Doug

boxes are a little more empty, things going into their respective areas.. however most of my knife stuff sits on the garage floor.... haven't had time to check to see if I had a dedicated line that I can easily convert to 220 out in the garage, hopefully I'll get a chance next week though.. think I'll head over to shop talk and start a thread on confined spaces.... have

It's good to hear that progress is being made. Just take your time and everything will fall into place. Even if it doesn't seem possible at this time.......
Gotta get the family (and most importantly the wife) settled in and happy.
Take care
Doug

Back