MPC-Nemesis Blade Comparison

Nemesis-and-MPC-1.jpg

I have received many emails about these blade comparisons...hope this helps!

It looks like they have mostly the same edge geometry, but the MPC has serrations and a much wider top.

Notice also that the top portion of the choil on the MPC butts up against the integrated guard of the locking lever.
In my humble opinion, this makes the MPC significantly stronger than the Nemesis when the user puts weight down on the blade, as in a forceful wedging type of cut.
Of course, along with this additional strength comes the compromise of more frontal drag and resistance to penetration in the MPC, as compared to the Nemesis.
I think in a grossly abusive test to failure, in this one axis of force, I think the Nemesis would fail before the MPC.
However, I do not see this as a drawback to the Nemesis, given its already over-engineered and over-built nature.
Rather, how nice that ER has given us a choice between two impossibly robust folders, in which one example (MPC) has wrung the last bit of strength out of a bank-vault design, and the other (Nemesis) has optimized the efficiency of the point in a self-defense or fighting use.

My amateur/layman's analysis -- or rather, "feeling" :) -- is the same as Ken's.

As most of you here know, I've yet to put either of these knives to true brutal use...and that I bought the Nemesis out of plain sheer blade-lust.

I just had to have something that, for me, more preserved its "Italian" lines.

:)

Allen
aka DumboRAT

My Nemesis is finally in the mail and heading up towards my in-laws'. Maybe next Friday it will my new utility carry.

Como se di se:

Woo-Hoo!

?

Back