MrKnife’s Box o’ Knives Number 38

Henry Beige

Gold Member
Welcome to the most recent iteration of The Thread That Refuses to Die. Current participants are:
  1. P PirateSeulb
  2. @seas165
  3. JTB_5 JTB_5
  4. Ernie1980 Ernie1980
  5. @Hawk590
  6. joeradza joeradza
  7. @Zachary
  8. @Hickory n steel
  9. @Riz!
I have not shown the entire contents of the box, because my more visually busy pics will not upload. Suffice it to say, it does not look a lot different than it did when it left P PStone . DaveK14 sent some Opinel swag for inclusion, some of which is shown below.

The nature of the exercise for me was to take out more than I put in, in order to stem the natural expansion of the contents. The Porch is a naturally generous place, so the usual instinct is to leave the box richer than when you found it. It takes quite a bit of psychic effort to go against the grain and take out more than you add back.

Most of my withdrawals are shown in the nest photo: the Okapi, the Opinel, the small Buck toothpick and the DMT whetstone. I also took the Plano box and one of the Opinel tags that Davek14 sent me for inclusion in the box.
B6D69AB2-DC53-4D82-B5DA-C34E7742EF3B.jpeg

I put the following items in the box: the EZE-LAPP hone, the Joker N21, the Pallares de Solsona slipjoint and the Schrade stockman. Also included was the rest of the Opinel swag from D davek14 , only a few pieces of which are shown.

588976FA-E9CC-43C9-8B65-A53453C98A13.jpeg

It wasn’t easy, and the balance between deposits and withdrawals is close, but the Plano box is a large item and clearly tips the scales in the desired direction.

Anyone who wants to get in or out, post it up and I will adjust the list. I will leave it open until the middle of next week before drawing a name.

Last edited:
Nice adds! But I’m out please.

I need to round a couple more together to add for a future round. Time to hit the pawn shops and antique shops. Plus garage sale season is almost upon us too.

IG4Ktpl.jpg

Inaccurate now. But as a reference

Bump to the top. If you want in or out, let me know. If I missed any changes, please post them again.

I am constantly missing the updates on these threads and I don't know why I dig them out when my curiosity has me wondering what's new with them.

Congratulations joeradza joeradza !

This box is amazing. Keep it going if you can, folks. I'm getting ready to jump in again here in a bit myself.

I think the virus has all of us tired and maybe staying in more for the moment. That will change over the next couple months.

Keep on truckin'

Here are three photos that covers what I received from Jud Henry Beige Henry Beige . I’ve copied and pasted the current list of participants. You’re welcome to join or leave. Unfortunately I’m going to have to limit this to the U.S. due to size and weight constraints. I haven’t decided on what I’m keeping or adding so give me a few days.
Current participants are:
  1. P PirateSeulb
  2. @seas165
  3. JTB_5 JTB_5
  4. Ernie1980 Ernie1980
  5. @Hawk590

6. @Zachary
  7. @Hickory n steel
  8. @Riz!19F72C0E-A23C-4C8C-8864-327762F9A522.jpegA8CC18B6-E540-43A2-92FE-EDD49F47DDCC.jpegFB4456C6-133F-4461-AC79-77140A0AEE0F.jpeg

Back