MT LCC serrated question

I to am contemplating a LCC purchase and after reading the earlier thread I'm sold.My decision now is between plain and serrated edge (combo).Someone mentioned MTs serrated edge was sub-par in performance.I'm thinking its because the edge is so short.Has anyone else had this problem with the LCC's combo blade ?

------------------
CHARRED CHOCOLATE FRIED STEAK IS WORSE THAN REGULAR CHOCOLATE FRIED STEAK

Yes in my experience the straight edge is a little short on the combo. But that's just my opinon. It's also my opinon that you'd like the plain edge more.

I have an LCC with a combo edge.
At first i didn't think i'd like the serrations.
after sharpening them at the same angle as the rest of the edge on the clip side, they cut very well (they cut flesh all too well ::looks at the scar on his thumb:
smile.gif
They're different than spyderco style serrations and they dont really rip as well as spydercos.
They're just generally not as aggressive, but they'll still out cut the plain edge when it comes to fibrous material.
If you've owned combo edged blades before, my vote would be for a combo edge.
IMO there's plenty of plain edge on the blade for most stuff anyway. why not have a knife that can more efficiently cut rope/cloth/flesh? hehe

------------------
~Fumbler
the crazied knife weilding Sarah McLachlan fan =)

I am with Tallwingedgoat, I think that you would be happier with a plain edge. I have a LCC with a plain blade and to me it cuts very well, there is no need for serrations on this knife at all. I vote for you to get one with a plain blade.

[This message has been edited by John Puckett (edited 04-12-2001).]

Back