Much better the second time around....

Shadow213

Gold Member
Since giving my Para 2 to my son a few months back, I had been wanting to pickup another for myself and thought I would find one at the gun show yesterday. I managed to get a good deal on a black bladed Para 1 PE($100 NIB), although I had originally wanted to pick up another Para 2. The only problem with that is I was having a brain fart and thought that it was a Para 2 and didn't even really notice until I was leaving. :rolleyes:

Regardless, when I was handling it and checking for any possible problems(blade play, no solid lockup, etc.), I was really liking the feel of it in hand and found the ergos really great for me. I had a Para 1, a few years ago, and didn't really like it at first since it seemed that the blade to handle ration was a little off for my tastes so I traded it off. But after picking this one up, and taking a closer look at it again, I've come to realize that I didn't give it much of a chance back then. Of course, I may not be finding that same problem when looking at it again due to the DLC black blade, but I'm liking it much better now.

I will still be picking up another Para 2, but for now, the Para 1 will be doing just fine for EDC as a complement to the Leatherman Wave that I picked up for $45. :D

One thing that I am very curious about is that while I was looking up the retail cost/value of the Para 1, I found that it was about $30 more than a Para 2 at the NGK website.....does anyone know the reason for the difference?

I also saw that the black blade Para 1 was about $150....so for $100 that I paid, I think I got a good deal.

Back