Much Such Marathon

looks like a good saddle, never rode a slick fork, but being from okla and the texas panhandle I was kinda raised some thing with swells, and tied hard. neat to see how different the outfits are in different parts of the country. I will say you guys out that way always have nice gear, lot of guys at the wrca finals from out your way in the fall, I like seeing their stuff

Thanks cra 1. John goes to the WRCA finals every year, has a booth. My buddy Carlos (from the Hide House thread) often will share a booth with him. While I've never tlaked about it with him I have always found it interesting that John builds the kind of saddles he does considering where he lives.

Go for it VP!

dang, if i was half the man you guys are i'd be in for one of these as well... i like hats... especially since i am bald (shaven). i think i might look kinda silly on me though.

I tried to take a pic of my hat today , but it's near impossible to achieve anything that's presentable while wearing it yourself , so I took it off and handed it to Chuck who works for me and said " put that on "
He gave me a confused look and muttered " on the first day I worked for you you said two things , don't change the station on the trucks radio and don't touch my hat " .
To his credit he has never done either .
I told him what was happening , and I think he liked the idea of being a hat model :)

Ken

don't change the station on the trucks radio and don't touch my hat
hahaha, great advice! interesting country side you have in the background. i always love seeing such things like from you or dave because i only see rural areas where i live.

I like seeing hats that have been used. They are like knives and sheaths, saddles, holsters, boots etc. Tells ya about the person wearing them. I had an Akubura hat many years ago.

hahaha, great advice! interesting country side you have in the background. i always love seeing such things like from you or dave because i only see rural areas where i live.

That pic was taken at a place called German Creek where we were cutting down some trees that were near some High Voltage overhead lines .
There is always wildlife around that area because there is always water in the creek even though it's very dry around the whole region at the moment .

Her is an older pic taken in the same area , this Dog ( Dingo ) was lucky my truck wasn't armed that day .

IMG_0366_zpsb8237831.jpg

Ken

thanks for sharing, as i understand it dingos are considered dangerous vermin down under. so i guess he is laughing in the pic ;)

A dingo ate my baby!

Sorry, couldn't help it. :)

I have about 300 comments about the stuff in this thread, but I'll forget 299 of them as I type. :( So much win in this thread it's silly.

First, nice Henry! I need to pick up something like that to teach my girls how to shoot. I bet that thing is accurate and fun.

I was gonna ask about the buck rolls too. Seems like they are always beaver, which looks awesome. I'd probably try shark just to be different. :)

Florians belt looks gorgeous! Waaaay nicer than anything I've ever owned.

I don't have much of an eye
for carving, but it's super easy to tell that Nichole is crazy talented! You let her know I said that too. Maybe I can get her to show me a thing or two one of these days. ;)

The drought is getting scary. We make our living in the dairy industry. My sister in law lives on her ranch and their water pressure is pathetic. Probably looking at a new deep well if things don't turn around this winter.

Happy birthday my friend. I'll need to find you on a gift, but I'm no good at it. You've been warned. :D

Btw, I find it interesting that you don't dye your sheaths, yet you guys seem to rock a lot of bright gear. :p Love that red and other colors!

Last edited:
dave its funny how its changed in the last 30 yrs, I think the internet had a lot to do with that, use to be everyone here rode swells and tied hard but now you see a lot of slicks and wades and long ropes and vice -versa out your way. I think guys started to see more how others did it when the internet came along. I remember my brother in law went to Nevada back in the 90's to work on a outfit breaking horses and it was the first time he had ever seen anyone ride a saddle without a back cinch

Hey there, the belt arrived today. Sorry, for no pictures, I will post them later. Just wanted to say... I love it!

Great! It finally got through customs. Glad ya like it.

sorry for the delay,busy (and nice) weekend. also ne belly pics taken, but to give you some impressions, here you go.

the belt arrived nicely package in a big air cushioned envelope... didn't bother looking at the customs papers, as that would probably have gotten me on the fence about the time they took in processing it.
oh, and for those of you wondering, 150€ worth of value incurrs no further customs fees, just 19% tax to be payed.

belt was nicely rolled up inside:

as you can see it fits my standard jeans belt loops perfectly:

on this picture you can see my only trouble with the belt... i have yet to find out how to close it without scratching it with the buckle... then again, this was intended as a "user" belt from the start.

the buckle and the stamp. personally i think it is fine on the outside!

sorry for the crappy pictures, they looked in focus when i took them, but obviously i didn't check them.

Cool deal. Here's the secret on that buckle. Hold in left hand and push the belt through with right hand then engage the hole instead of pulling normally. That will solve any further scracthing and little leather creame of some kind will fix that up I bet. this buckle just works backwards of other types. Sure glad you like it and thanks.

Back