multi w/ saw?

Was going to get either the SOG s44 pocket power plier ($40) or s60 powerlock ($70) in the next few days; leaning towards the powerlock because of it's woodsaw, but having trouble w/ the $30 jump.

Now I'm looking for a heavy-duty multi tool around $40-50 that has a saw; any suggestions (or should I just get the Powerlock 'cause it's worth the extra $)?...

Welcome to bladeforums!!!:D:thumbup:

I own a SOG powerlock and IMHO it is the best and most heavy duty multitool on the market. Also you might want to look for a better price because you can get one for a lot less than that, I got mine for $40.00 shipped on
E-bay. One place to start looking would be Froogle.

I compared the SOG PowerLock wood saw with those of the Super Tool 200 and the SwissTool here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275546

Unfortunately, the SOG saw did not work that well for me compared to the Leatherman, much less the Victorinox. If the wood saw is a priority, you might want to consider the Victorinox SwissTool or Spirit.

- Frank

Thanks for the help guys...
I ended up getting the EOD powerlock for $50 (the regular, non-eod powerlock on most sites was $6-7 more actually).

I've been struggeling w/ my horrible wallmart multi-tool for way too long :)

The Powerlock is a great multitool, I'm sure you will love it ;):thumbup:

P.S. You may already know this but you can buy replacement tools for the powerlock from SOG. They also sell some tools that are not included with the powerlock that you might be interested in.

...the replacement/interchangability along with the 'compound leverage' setup was one of the features that caught my eye originally. Now begins the long ups wait... :-|

Back